Thread: Getting choppy video in my QuickTime 10

Getting choppy video in my QuickTime 10

I have a new 27” imac which has snow leopard O.S and with 4GB of ram in it. I have a canon IOS 5D through which I take video at full HD. I get a choopy video when I try to play the video that I captured by
    Canon EOS 5D camera. But these videos were playing very clear in my old QuickTime i.e. QuickTime 10. I can’t get what is the problem is there anyone who could help me while solving these issue, please help?

mayur Guest

re: Getting choppy video in my QuickTime 10

This was the same problem with me the video was really choppy then I removed this QuickTime version and then I have downloaded the version that is QuickTime7. After I have downloaded these QuickTime version everything just look fine, no choppy video. This version is really great compared to all older ones.

There was the same problem with my QuickTime when I use to play the HD movies. It seems to me that the quicktime is not god then I removed the QuickTime and switched to the latest VLC player. The video was playing smooth in this player without any issue. I should suggest you to remove the QuickTime player and try with VLC Player 1.1.12.

I am using mac book and I have QuickTime player. This problem looks familiar to me.
    there is a automatic graphic setting in the imac. Try disabling the automatic graphic setting which is there in imac. then see that the problem is solved. in my case it was the issue. but after setting the automatic graphic setting to disable the choppy video was no more.