Thread: “AppleSyncNotifier: cannot locate sqlite3_wall_checkpoint” after installing iTunes update

“AppleSyncNotifier: cannot locate sqlite3_wall_checkpoint” after installing iTunes update

I think I did a huge mistake by installing the updates for itunes and safari. Believing that I would get more efficiency with iTunes and safari updates I just downloaded the installed the latest updates of both itunes and safari which was however successfully done. After the installation I was asked to reboot the system but then after I restarted the pc I encountered with an error message saying “AppleSyncNotifier: The procedure entry point sqlite3_wal_checkpoint could not be located in the dynamic link library QLite3.dll”.

Trust me I have never seen this kind of error ever in my life. is this a bug? If yes then how can I sort out this issue.

Re: “AppleSyncNotifier: cannot locate sqlite3_wall_checkpoint” after installing iTunes update

Without wasting your time I would like to give you the possible solution for this issue:

• Copy the file SQLite3.dll from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder
    • And then paste it to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support folder

Now you might find everything at its place and working fine.

Re: “AppleSyncNotifier: cannot locate sqlite3_wall_checkpoint” after installing iTunes update

Dude you suggestion didn’t helped me out at all. Let me tell you that I am running windows 7 64 bit OS onto my system and I am also facing the exact same issue from the time I have downloaded and installed the iTunes update. Just because of this reason I could not even work on the computer.

When I tried to run the iPhone Configuration utility but that didn’t help at all. And when tried the above suggestion it failed badly and stated that “iTunes 10 places the file in the wrong folder”. Is there any other suggestion for this issue or else do I need to contact the Apple support center?

When I tried to run the iPhone Configuration utility but that didn’t help at all. And when tried the above suggestion it failed badly and stated that “iTunes 10 places the file in the wrong folder”. Is there any other suggestion for this issue or else do I need to contact the Apple support center?
    I guess you need not have to reach till the support center as your issue could be sorted out over here itself. Even I had the same issue and as in your case even I tried out the above suggestion and got the same wrong error but then I didn’t give up and started doing lot of trial and errors and finally ended up getting a solution for the same.

Once when I tried the suggestion it however failed and stated the same message. Just do as I say, you need not have to move the SQLite3.dll file to the above mentioned path i.e. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder. Instead you keep the file in its place and just copy another one to the above mentioned mobile device folder path i.e. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device support folder.

Once you do this just reboot the system, you wont be see the error message again and everything would work perfectly.

Hey I have downloaded and even installed the latest version of iTunes successfully and also the system is working fine without any error message. All credit goes to the apple support, spent some 40 minutes with them and got everything sort out.

• Turn off anti-virus and firewall for temporary basis
    • Open Control Panel > Programs and Features or Add and Remove Programs > go to the uninstall section
    • Remove all Apple products with following order
    • iTunes, Quicktime, Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Apple Application Support
    • Restart computer
    • Go to Apple.com
    • Download newest version of iTunes
    • Re-install

You need not have to download or remove anything I guess as the issue is just with the iTunes version 10 installer. This installer is probably placing those useful files in the wrong section or location. As already suggested above you can surely solve the issue by just coping the SQLite3.dll from the Apple Application Support folder to Mobile Device Support folder.

And I guess its really a very nice short and simple solution you could ever get in order to solve the issue. I don’t think downloading another version of sqlite3.dll will also help you people, you can solve the issue. remember one thing if you check out you might end up finding 12 different versions of this file into your system, but those depends upon the software you have installed. And also let me tell you that amongst those multiple files only you can find one version that might work and also that files is the only correct one for the apple software.

Hey I have downloaded and even installed the latest version of iTunes successfully and also the system is working fine without any error message. All credit goes to the apple support, spent some 40 minutes with them and got everything sort out.
    I guess the solution which you have got from the apple support center after spending 40 minutes is completely useless and lengthy. People already came up with an alternate solution that is sorting out their issue with even hampering any of the other software or wasting their time. Coping the file from one path to another path is as it is solving the issue then you feel that your suggestion of removing all the apple products from the system and then reinstalling the iTune is the best solution.

Did you ever thought that once if you delete all the apple products especially iTunes, all the supporting files won’t start up when you reinstall it. I guess you will however end up losing your current preferences, playlists and other things.

I personally believe that the best idea would be to release a patch or an update by apple.

Did you ever thought that once if you delete all the apple products especially iTunes, all the supporting files won’t start up when you reinstall it. I guess you will however end up losing your current preferences, playlists and other things.
    I don’t think that you will lose any of the above mentioned things. For your kind information let me tell you that as far as I am concerned I won’t lose your music, applications, playlists, artwork or the preferences. Unless you change or move your music storage location during the setup they are stored as it is in the same place as your program files. you must know that you are suppose to remove only the actual files and then reinstall them. make sure that other than this everything should be stored in the profile folder where you actually store My Documents, My music etc. once you reinstall iTunes it should be probably automatically look out for the settings in the default locations and also everything will be simply back as it was before.