Thread: Can't find "Backup to Disk" option in iTunes 10.4

Can't find "Backup to Disk" option in iTunes 10.4

Recently I switched my iTunes to its latest updated version 10.4.0.80. it’s truly amazing and working great but having few of the related doubt are roaming around in my mind. Didn’t faced any issue yet but the doubt is that I can’t locate the “Backup to Disk” option in this latest iTunes 10.4.
    For your kind information let me tell you that I already checked into Library under file and the only options I found were:-
    1. Export Library
    2. Organize Library
    3. Import Playlist
    4. Export Playlist

But no option of backup to disk. Anyone knows where I could find this option.

Re: Can't find "Backup to Disk" option in iTunes 10.4

Hey friend just now I have completed with 10.4 iTunes update in my system didn’t even check out the new and recent features introduced in it. But now after reading out your thread I will make sure that I do check out the backup to disk option first and then later on go with the other researches.

But anyways let me tell you first that this backup to disk option have never been such a great option for the iphones, at least not for me. With iCloud it wasn’t been that necessary especially with iTunes. You know one thing before installing 10.4 versions I was using 10.3 iTunes version and for your knowledge let me tell you that even with that version I never found the backup to disk option either. But that never made me to worry much about anything. so better cop up with this issue and enjoy your latest existing features of this latest version rather than thinking about the unfound option.

First of all, you need to do is download SyncToy 2.1. This is a tool provided to you by Microsoft. Now this tool is mainly used to copy you complete iTunes library on to another hard drive, you can also copy other important data folders present in it. It is not necessary for you to copy the data on another hard drive you can also copy them to a network share.

After that you can now you the downloaded tool at every interval in order to backup your library by synchronizing. Not just this you will also be shown a preview which will possibly show you the files that need to be updated by giving you an opportunity to just spot the unexpected changes. Also the updated files will be copied and saving your huge amount of time.

That’s a great option I guess. The another interesting thing is that if your media is completely set and organized under the main iTunes folder then you should probably be able to open up the backup library on any of the system which is actually running the same version of iTunes irrespective of the drive letter or the path that it appears on.

Cleared with the backup thing but still there are certain doubts and question going around in my mind. First of all just wanted to know how I can backup the music that has not been purchased. And regarding the tool, can I download the SyncToy 2.1 from the Microsoft site. Even if I get there which page exactly I will have to visit in order to reach the SyncToy 2.1 download options.

First of all, you need to do is download SyncToy 2.1. This is a tool provided to you by Microsoft. Now this tool is mainly used to copy you complete iTunes library on to another hard drive, you can also copy other important data folders present in it.
    I am quite impressed with the Tool which you have recommended to the users. This tool is really amazing and fantastic. The most interested thing that has been left unmentioned in it is that this tool comes up for free by Microsoft. In simple term this tool synchronizes all the files and folders between the location, especially it uses include sharing files; for e.g. sharing photos with other system and then creating the backup copies of the file.

There are certain doubts and question going around in my mind, can I download the SyncToy 2.1 from the Microsoft site. Even if I get there which page exactly I will have to visit in order to reach the SyncToy 2.1 download options.
    You do not have to worry about the downloading, just CLICK HERE and you will probably end up getting the SyncToy 2.1 download and detail page. Over there you can get the entire related detailed information of the tool and also the download link for the same.

Cleared with the backup thing but still there are certain doubts and question going around in my mind. first of all just wanted to know how can I backup the music that has not been purchased.
    I guess for answering this question there need to be an apple support person answering this question. I actually have the substantial CD collection which somehow has been imported. I am very much used to the things of taking the back up to the disk at a regular interval of time not just this I also do perform a system back up to the external hard drive. I do all this things stress freely just because of having the ease of restoring from the disks. I do not thing apple would ever release any update that would probably reduce the functionality of the program.

I recently called up the apple support and then told me that the feature for the music back has been removed and when I asked them about the reason for removing it, they constantly kept quiet and gave no reason.

But other than this they told me that once if you insert a CD it would probably ask you what exactly you need to do, I have never tried it but I am sure that it would somehow work. We can probably email them and they might send us a CD with our own music on it, all this was told by them.

I recently called up the apple support and then told me that the feature for the music back has been removed and when I asked them about the reason for removing it, they constantly kept quiet and gave no reason.
    I know about removal of the music backup option and I am seriously very much annoyed with this fact. From past few years I have downloaded few of the songs and also I have been taking the back up of all my purchases consistently by going into library, backup disk and so on. This backup options where very much simple and convenient for me as I am not a technical person.

I must say that I have researched a lot with this things and tried hard to find out the related information about the later versions of iTunes just to find out what more features are going to be eliminated from the software. Might be they will add the eliminated features soon in the upcoming version. After searching out a lot I have found this information which I felt was quite interesting and also might be you will feel the same.
    Click Here

I must tell one thing that you cannot use a blank DVD for the back up as an audio disc and possibly you would also not be willing to do so. If you check out as a data disc iTunes could easily make an accurate binary copies of the existing media files. Make sure that you don’t re-import the tracks in order to restore them once if you burn the tracks as an audio, you might end up losing convenience and reliability.

First of all clear one thing that DVD is not just the only source or back up medium for the iTunes library. You could use a USB stick or also an external drive that is huge enough just to hold up the entire library and a tool like synctoy 2.1. This can compare the source and the target folder and also just the updates that change the files.