Thread: After updating Adobe Reader, opening of PDF file is disallowed by system administrator.

After updating Adobe Reader, opening of PDF file is disallowed by system administrator.

I recently I recently updated my Adobe Reader 9.3 to Adobe Reader X. But after updating, every time I try to open any pdf file, an message saying, ‘Access denied by system administrator’ shows up. I have no multi account system. I use Windows 7 and I am the only user. Does anybody know why it is happening?

Re: After updating Adobe Reader, opening of PDF file is disallowed by system administrator.

The reason this is happening is because Adobe has done a major change to the Adobe Reader. In order to protect the integrity of the content of pdf files, the security has now been upgraded by many levels. So because of this, no third party can insert ads and links in the official content before passing the document to users. This is the reason for the error you are getting. You can downgrade your Adobe Reader to older version and turn off the updates to read the pdf files.

Re: After updating Adobe Reader, opening of PDF file is disallowed by system administrator.

This error is shown when Adobe Reader X detects the presence of any link in the file. Adobe Reader X has a mechanism which checks if the links present in the file do not lead to any malicious content. When Adobe reader X launches the link for checking, Windows detects it as some 3rd party operation or illegal operation as it is not visible to user. Thus the message asking whether, the administrator has allowed this process to take place.

You can solve this problem by editing the registry key hkey_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - Policies - Adobe - Acrobat (which ever version you have) - (version Number) - FeatureLockDown and then in cDefaultLaunchAttachmentPerms. Here you will see the registry key tBuiltInPermList. Delete this key to stop Windows from aborting the reading processo fpdf file on basis of unknown execution.