Thread: Path does not exist when opening PDF in Acrobat Read

Path does not exist when opening PDF in Acrobat Read

hi guys

I need help on this from the last week I was not able to open the PDF files and its gave me error saying the The specified path does not exist. And I get this message all the time when I open the any PDF in Acrobat Reader 9.0, so I upgrade 9.4 and then after that to 10.0. in the end I removed all and downloaded a new 10.0, up to no benefit. By the way, my OS is Windows XP. Is there any one here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this

Thanks

Re: Path does not exist when opening PDF in Acrobat Read

I have some pdf files in "my documents" folder of xp home edition. after I click "start - >my documents - >xxxx.pdf, it open the acrobat however then it says "the file can't be opened. the file path doesn't exist". Although i don’t use the shortcut however go and click on on a pdf within the my documents, I still get a similar message. I will open the other pdf file located in anywhere else like c:/ or d:/. i take advantage of acrobat prf 6.0 and that i use xp home edition with NTFS file system. Thanks!

Hey I like to ask you that , have you ever tried open the files within the folder from the particular folder and not the Windows virtual version of the folder. i feel that for many systems the folder is found in your individual settings (part of the documents... folder in C:\). i am unable to check the particular location right away for XP since this machine runs Win vista . If this can be a problem , it's probably associated with some windows aspect of the folder pointer.

I got the similar s issue asn I think that few of the some shortcut irregularity with Windows, and not with Acrobat. Try this

1. Right mouse click on the pdf files
    2. Use 'Open with...' and select Acrobat half dozen (or browse to the location on your C drive is Acrobat half dozen isn't within the list.

That it this might help you . may be able to solve the problem permanently by repeating step 1 however although Acrobat IS within the list of Open with..., use the select program operate to find Acrobat.exe; and once chosen, check the box that says "alway open with this program'.Then clicking on a pdf to envision if it directly launches Acrobat.

The problem is still there I did what you have told (both of them) but and still I actually have a similar issue . I even move to the folder itself and associate it there, or click on it there, but no way... i'm very curious about what the issue could also be... Well thanks anyway, I hope somebody else might help me on this

Basically you run method Monitor, then begin the faulty application and watch what it's doing. there's a filtering capability, however since we do not familiar what's inflicting the error, we do not familiar what to filter. Unfiltered, the output will be huge, however i do not see the other method of diagnosing what's inflicting that error. are you able to that, attach the log file to your next post? I will be then able to give you proper solution

Well its looks as if renaming the files can help on opening the PDF documents however not printing. I can remotely log back today and run autoruns.exe plus find the "File Not Found" Issue and deleted it. after that forward PDF file associations to the default acrord32.exe from my renamed reader.exe, restarted the PC and now adobe reader is reading and printing as probable.