Thread: Video player for Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Video player for Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I am going to install the Windows 8 consumers preview but before this, I would like to ask that which is the best video player that can be use with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview? If somebody can provide some god suggestion then I will really appreciate that.

Re: Video player for Windows 8 Consumer Preview

VLC is my all-time favorite media player. The open source media player VLC will play most video and audio formats such as DivX, VCD, DVD, MP3, WMA and OGG, as well as MOV and FLV files from any problems. The formerly known under the name VideoLAN Client program supports MPEG and DivX streaming and playing videos during the download starting. In addition, the program serves not only as a media player and streaming client, but also as a server, or even a video stream via IPv4 or IPv6 to send. The VLC is a very good and free media player that was missing from any computer. Operation is simple and the player plays as good as from any video and audio formats without installing codecs would be necessary.

I think that it will be better for you to make use of the default media player included in the Windows 8. If that is not satisfying to you then you can move on to the other available third party players.

Just go to the download.com and from there you will get a lot of media player along with a small review of that. You can go through that review so that you can have better idea about that. Make sure that player that you are downloading is compatible with Windows 8 otherwise it will not work.

There are many options for you but my suggestion to you is to make use of the Winamp media player. It was developed by Microsoft itself, so it is preinstalled in all versions of Windows. In almost all versions of Windows Media Player following functions are available:
    • A media library or a media library where all your music and video can organize
    • Ability to burn music on CD
    • Ability to copy music to portable devices

The latest version of Windows Media is Windows Media Player 11. This has a very quick update from the previous versions. It is particularly striking with its dark blue color. It is also made for the new Microsoft Vista. On other versions it is also downloadable but when Vista is already preinstalled. Winamp is a media player that allows you a lot of music and video formats can play. It was developed by the software company NullSoft. Winamp is after the most used Windows media player. As the Windows Media also supports Winamp skins but they are also adaptable in Winamp itself.

I will never recommend anything other than the VLC media player. The main reason for this is that it is having support for almost all the formats.

Supported formats: AAC, AC3, ASF, AVI, DTS, FLAC, FLV, MIDI, MKV, MOV, MPG, MPEG (ES, MP3, MP4, PS, PVA, TS), MXF, OGG, OGM, Real (RAM, RM, RMVB, RV), WAV, WMA, WMV, 3GP.

This is not the final product and so you may get some bugs with the default media player but I am sure that when the final product will come out then that will be free of bugs and using the default media player is the only better option for you.

The best that I can recommend you is the zone player. This is from the Microsoft only and it will surely run with the Windows 8 also. I have not tried this yet but I am quite sure that this will be compatible with the Windows 8.