Thread: Unable to connect to the host using LogMeIn Ignition

Unable to connect to the host using LogMeIn Ignition

I have some 5 to 6 computers that are connected to the host system. We are running a company where we people always keep into using the Ignition all the time, but from few days facing few problems. Whenever we open ignition or when we switch between the profiles and if we try to connect to the host computer that is already online, we get an error message saying that the system is unable to connect to the host or the computer we are trying to access is offline or experiencing a network issue. the most interesting thing is that this issue is being faced by almost all the member of your office. For your information, all the system is running windows 7 64 bit.

Re: Unable to connect to the host using LogMeIn Ignition

This is a bug. And I have already found a fix for this bug. Many a times even I found system unable to get connected to the host computer, I always use to get a big error message stating “Could not connect to host. The computer you are trying to access is offline or experiencing network problems” which was quite annoying. But i however sorted the things, once if I get this error message I just close the application or exit it and then restart it. Things work fine then, you need not have to do anything more than that just exit and then re-open the ignition and then connect. Try it out.

What kind of fix is this? You solution ultimately lands at the same situation. They do solve the problem without any doubt but that do not last for more than a minute or two. I mean to say that whenever we exit the ignition after receiving that error message and then when we reopen it, everything works fine as you said but then later on just after few seconds or after one minute the connection breaks down and then again the error message appears. Any other solution please?

I am a complete new with this software so I am not at all aware of its history or issues. But anyways I must say that I am facing the same error issue with 1.2.222. I never thought that I would so difficult to just connect to multiple servers, I thought I will have to just log in once and then I would be automatically get connected but it seems like here the case is something else as I have to logout and then again log in for the connection with the host machine.

Quite irritating and annoying. Anyways I have recently found my Logmein ignition folder with a hidden previous version updates. I guess there are 2 different older version updates, so now planning to better switch back to any one of the older version.

Quite irritating and annoying. Anyways I have recently found my Logmein ignition folder with a hidden previous version updates. I guess there are 2 different older version updates, so now planning to better switch back to any one of the older version.
    That’s a good idea, that would surely solve your problem as even I know that there are certain older version updates that still works smoothly and do not have any such kind of issue. May I know which version updates you have found in you hidden folder, is it 1 .2.164?

I am asking you this because this 1 .2.164 version seems to be working fine with regards to this issue. As we all know that the version 1.2.222 is messing up a lot currently, but along with that also version 1. 2.212 is behaving the same, I mean that even this version is showing the same connection failed error. So if you are planning to switch to any version, its better to go on with 1.2.164. Not sure but I guess also version 1.2.224 works fine.

It would sound bit odd to you all people but let me tell you that using ignition USB could however solve your issue if you are as it is planning to switch to some other ignition version.

For your kind information, both normal Logmein Ignition and Logmein Ignition USB however shares the same files so you need not have to worry about it. at least it solves the connection issue somehow. Actually I was in search for 1.2.224 for msi. Anyways this ignition USB is good and its working fine. You can Download it.

I don’t want to take further head ache by trying out any of the other solution. However I switched back to LogMeIn ignition version 1.2.164 as suggested above and let me tell you that it did worked fine. But there is now some other thing to be noticed, after installing this version I found that the connection issue was somehow sorted out but it ended up with some other issue. Now I can see that whenever I connect to the host system it does ask me for my logmein password while I connect to the server.

Anyways this issue is not that irritating as it was with the host connection one, so not matter what happens I will surely stay with this existing version i.e. 1.2.164 instead of having v1.2.222 and getting that “could not connect” issue.

Yeah that’s a good option. Once you download it you can directly run the Logmein ignition directly from any of the USB storage device like pendrive. Its quite simple to install Logmein Ignition into you system any time.

STEPS:-
    • Plugin your USB drive in your machine
    • Download the USB installation package
    • Install the USB installation package
    • Now you can double click on LogMeIn ignition.exe in order to run it from USB drive