Thread: Failed to login LogMeIn Ignition with Mac system

Failed to login LogMeIn Ignition with Mac system

Hello friends I have recently installed the Logmein software on my Mac system and also installed the application on my iphone 4. As I didn’t get any time to test this application, I tried opening it yesterday night believing that everything would work properly. But now it seems like there is something wrong with its working in my system.
    I am able to login to the application from the iphone but when I try to login to the system I gets an login error. It says me to check out the credentials. I am sure that the user name and the password are perfectly alright but then why I am facing such errors. Anyone who can help me out?

Re: Failed to login LogMeIn Ignition with Mac system

Let me tell you that usually Logmein always uses the host system OS x username and password for the verification and authentication. If you notice you can get an error 5 message that normally indicates that either of the password or the username is incorrect.

Everyone knows that both the username and the password are very much case sensitive. Anyways talking about this issue let me tell you that you can easily get your Mac username on the host computer easily.

You just need to go to System Preference > Accounts

Any of the account with password and admin rights are used to log into LogMeIn.

Hey I must say that your issue seems like same as one of my friend’s issue. Even he has the same login problem but with his ipad. And another difference is that, in his case the issue occurs only in our office network and when he goes home the Logmein app run smoothly without any login error. But then when the connection time is out for any of the reason he gets an error message saying that the credentials are wrong.

I am sure that there must be some issue with the connection but then why he is getting an error with the credentials or login. Is there anyone with any suggestion?

For your information let me tell you that even if you are having the current connection through wifi or 3G the remote access with however fail and the error you might probably see will be “Login Failed, please check your credentials”. I guess the Logmein just have certain limited error message and they however need to include some more detailed error messages especially when the connection time is out. For example they must give an error saying that the username or the password is wrong or incorrect instead of suggesting about to do something with the credentials.

Once I called up the tech support while having this issue, they told me that they are currently looking out for this log-in timeout issue and they will be coming up with the solution soon if possible. Also they informed me that somewhere somehow the cause of this issue could be the firewall or else it could be the issue with the built-in security for the wifi access point or routers where there are some with the firewall/wifi router combinations.

Just because of the fact that the user normally cannot remote to his home system without the logmein application it is believed that the main problem is with the firewall or internal filtering.

Hey friends I would love to tell you something interesting. I was having the same issue but then later on I realize that I can easily connect to the machine with the cache credentials without having any errors. But then the trick didn’t work for a long time because after when I log in if I try to log out and then again login shortly. The application would tell me that I am having bad credentials not just this it also warns me by telling that if I try out login 5 times incorrectly it would lock out.

But I have at least found out a way out for this further issue too. If I log out and then shut down the ignition completely and then if I try to log in back into the machine, the cache credentials would work just smoothly and fine.

I guess instead of believing that the issue is with the credentials I personally believe that the issue has something to do with the other related configuration. For my admin user I am sure that I have input a proper credentials on the remote system on which I am attempting to connect, but as usual timeout error and then incorrect credential indication. But another strange issue is that I can probably connect to the other Mac system on the same network with the same configuration that too without any issue. After establishing the connection to these machines I can login with the credentials that are actually not for the admin users. The issue not really annoys me but rather the lack of technical documentations that could have somehow helped irritates a lot.

I am able to login to the application from the iphone but when I try to login to the system I gets an login error. It says me to check out the credentials. I am sure that the user name and the password are perfectly alright but then why I am facing such errors. Anyone who can help me out?
    I am sure there is a bug with the software. I am not sure but have you ever tried updating the software or resetting the things. Try changing the password and create a new one and then try to log in.

If it’s possible can you just let me know or post the needed or requested network modifications that are asked to allow the access. Also if possible please let me know what post do the logmein use, also mention whether it’s TCP or UDP traffic.