Thread: getting error while manually installing Hamachi Network Interface

getting error while manually installing Hamachi Network Interface

Hi friends I am trying to manually install Hamachi Network Interface in my computer but while installing Hamachi Network Interface in my computer I get error saying “An error occurred during the installation of the device.The Parameter is incorrect “. How to solve this problem?

Re: getting error while manually installing Hamachi Network Interface

First basic solution I will suggest you regarding this problem is to disable firewall and then try to install Hamachi Network Interface in your computer and after that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not? You have to also make sure that Hamachi Network Interface installer is running with administrator rights.

You have to make sure that Hamachi's adapter is listed with the Hamachi. If it is listed with “Local Area Connection” name then you have to rename it as Hamachi and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

You need to also make sure that Hamachi network connection is activated.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to make sure that Network Connections and DHCP Client services are running. If it is not running then you have to start Network Connections and DHCP Client services and after starting the Network Connections and DHCP Client services when you start installing Hamachi Network Interface at that time you will not face any error. Hopefully this solution will be helpful for you.

If you don’t know about how to start Network Connections and DHCP Client services then you have to follow these steps. First you have to type services.msc by going in to the start menu and run (windows XP) or going in to the start menu and then type services.msc in search box and press enter. Now after that you have to first look for the Network Connections service and it is turned off then right click on that and start it. You have to do same thing for DHCP Client services. Now after that you have to start installing Hamachi Network Interface and then check whether your problem gets solved or not?

As far as I know after performing above stops your problem will get solved.

Yes I totally agree with above reply as there was same problem occurred in my device. Now after that I have also tried several tricks to fix this problem but none of them helped me. After that I have come to know that I have to enable DHCP and network connections services and after doing that my problem get solved.

You should also try this idea.

Hello friends in my computer I have windows Vista operating system and I am also trying getting same error while installing Hamachi Network Interface. I have disabled antivirus and firewall in my computer but after that problem does not solved. I have also tried all possible solution but that does help me. Now please tell me how to solve it?

I have solve this problem with the help of following solution.

After spending some time on internet I have come to know that by removing the Config entry from the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Config” key can solve this problem and I have tried this solution and my problem get solved.

Thank you for helping me. In my computer I have renamed local area connection as Hamachi but it does nothing. Now after that I have also started the service network connection and other required service but that didn’t help me also. Now I want to know how to remove Congig key from the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Config” key please provide me proper steps.

Thank you in advance.

• You have to first open start menu then click on search box if it is windows 7 or vista or click on run for window XP.
    • Now type regedit
    • Navigate to this
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\Config
    • Right click on the Config entry and then delete that.
    • Restart your computer and problem will get solved.

You should go to the device manger in your computer and after that you have to check whether there is any exclamation mark beside Hamachi Network Interface or not? if there is exclamation mark then problem is occurred because of the buggy driver.