Thread: iPhone and iTouch with Hamachi

iPhone and iTouch with Hamachi

This will be really great if we can join Hamachi networks with the help of the iPhone/iTouch. This will be helpful with the help of the VNC and SSH apps. Other than this the address book for the networks will be really good.

Re: iPhone and iTouch with Hamachi

You want to connect from anywhere on your PC? Want to network games with friends as if you were local, not through an external server? Want to connect your computer to work but you do not have access VPN remote? Worse is that you cannot connect because of firewalls and routers that lock your machine?

This is the Hamachi software. You install it on your PC and you choose to join an existing group or heading to your own group. You enter the password and you're with the group in a list of machines belonging to the group. Each machine has its own ip. From there, these machines are available in the same way that any computer on the same LAN as your PC. It is ideal for Terminal Server, or VNC, but also to share files or printers over the Internet. There is also a Chat module, which can be nice if you want to talk with the person at the other end of the connection.

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a kind of set up encrypted pipe between two computers that allows packets to transit the same way that local network. The data stream is secure enough. Hamachi works like Skype , ie it passes through all the routers and firewalls. It's been a while since I use it and I can tell you that this is my favorite.

As far as know that hamachi does not work. There is no iphone app. If you are having leopard in the server version then you can set up something. I believe that you visualize the whole theme as too easy vpn.

Friends, I am having a little problem and hope someone has solved the same problem. I have 2 PCs connected to home with Fastweb, if I use vnc from home connected with Fastweb then I cannot connect to home PC and control them while they are away from home and then I use another connection but then also I cannot connect. I was searching for this on internet and I found that this is because of the IP private fastweb and that could be used to solve the hamachi. Here, I do not understand how you must configure hamachi as well as vnc for this connection with the help of the iphone. Please help me.

If it is so important to control the Mac or PC from your iPhone when you're away from home then you can get the LogMeIn? It works without shaking even though I admit that's expensive. However to make a working vnc from the internet in the presence of dynamic ip, you typically use services such as DynDNS.