Thread: How to fix ’Failed to set write parameters. Reason Invalid field in parameter list’ error message on ImgBurn?

How to fix ’Failed to set write parameters. Reason Invalid field in parameter list’ error message on ImgBurn?

I am using MITSUMI CR-4804TE 2.6C.I am getting below mentioned error message’Failed to set write parameters. Reason Invalid field in parameter list'.
    I was trying to make a bootable CD but I was not able to do so. If you are having solution to resolve the matter then let me know about the same. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to fix ’Failed to set write parameters. Reason Invalid field in parameter list’ error message on ImgBurn?

Well I am wondering that you are using pretty old disk drive which is not having support for SAO that is session at once. In this particular situation I think you will need to change the Write Type into the settings to TAO. After that you should try to burn the disc again. as far as I know Non MMC compliant drives are not having support for drive to drive basis.

Re: How to fix ’Failed to set write parameters. Reason Invalid field in parameter list’ error message on ImgBurn?

What type of controller attached with the disk drive? to get the same you have to right click on drive selection box and you have to select Family Tree. Close the opening the window and copy paste the content of family tree window. Optical drives did not seems to work well with 3rd party controller cards particularly when you are running into RAID mode. Also see that you have installed Windows 7 SP1 on your computer.

I think the problem with the old Mitsumi burners (I have 2 of the CR-4804TE's) is that they only write in RAW mode and apparently Imgburn as well as many other apps don't seem to support RAW mode. I found this out when trying to burn audio CD's using Burrrn... it would give an error unless I checked the box that said "RAW driver". So if anyone knows how to correct this issue with Imgburn I would like to know too. Other than this issue, these old Mitsumi burners are actually quite good burners (albeit slow at 1-4x speed) that have outlasted some others I've owned (maybe because they were made in Japan instead of China).

BTW, if you intend to keep using this burner... might I suggest that you upgrade the firmware to 3.0D