Thread: Need help with ImgBurn layer break sector using "user specific"

Need help with ImgBurn layer break sector using "user specific"

Hey I need some help with the layer break sector, actually my situation is a bit odd as I am willing to use the “user specific” box in order to get the result which I can simply get by letting Imgburn to calculate the optimal. In my case I am having the below files that I am willing to burn:

Layer 0 (1.897.416 Sectors)
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 12 Kb
    VIDEO_TS.VOB 2,52 Mb
    VIDEO_TS.BUP 12 Kb
    VTS_01_0.IFO 94 Kb
    VTS_01_0.VOB 223 Mb
    VTS_01_1.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_2.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_3.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_4.VOB 408 Mb

Layer 1 (1.974.452 sectors)
    VTS_01_5.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_6.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_7.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_8.VOB 1 Gb
    VTS_01_0.BUP 784 Mb
    As you can see the “real” layer break sector is 1. 897.416, I have tried using Imgburn and it said that the layer break sector will be 1.897.700 on the disc. So here I just wanted to know if I can get the same result using “user specific” layer break sector, is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out??

Re: Need help with ImgBurn layer break sector using "user specific"

In order to get the same using “user specific” layer break sector you will have to create a large single layer image and make sure that you are changing SL media size and after that examine the ISO in order to check out if the VTS_01_5.VOB file is ending as LBA and using layer break position for building it a 2nd time, it may be a bit difficult to do the above mentioned thing but then you can try it out, I also wanted to add that you can just let the program get the options for you and then you chose the 'VTS_01_5.VOB', it will take a lot of time, so just think about the same before trying it out. Anyways I just wanted to know what why are you trying to do it manually???

The reason is that I want to backup "Abyss" and as the dvd is having multi-story the layer break is in one cell so if I am playing version 2 then there is a pause for the layer break where as when I play the version 1 then there is no pause as such, I have tried using the imgburn but then it was not showing the required cell as an option and that is the reason that I am willing to try out using “user specific” layer break sector.

In that case I just wanted to know that which version of imgburn you are using? And what are the options that you were getting for the dvd??? Just post the same here so I can have a better idea about the issuer you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well.

I am using version 2.5.1.0 and the only option that I am getting for the dvd is Vob ID 42 (on pgc 1 and pgc 2) I have checked out the layer break in vob id 44 and they are as followed:
    1.995.978 sectors L0
    1.916.300 sectors L1
    Just wanted to know that why Imgburn is not showing the below sell as an option:
    Version 1 (PGC 1)

Vob 41 (no interleaved cell)
    Vob 42 (no interleaved cell. SPLIP flag YES)
    Vob 43 (interleaved cell. SPLIP flag YES)

Version 2 (PGC 2)

Vob 41 (no interleaved cell)
    Vob 42 (no interleaved cell. SPLIP flag YES)
    Vob 44 (interleaved cell. SPLIP flag NO)
    Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I will like to inform you that you are having an older version of this program and interleaved cells won’t be shown as layer break options, and this case is with both ImgBurn and PgcEdit, anyways I also wanted to add that if you have not modified the disc files then you can use Read mode and Write mode in order to get the exact layer break. Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the same I have not downloaded latest version of the ImgBurn and when I am trying to follow the solution that you have mentioned, I mean creating the image file first then I am not allowed to delete warning and change UOP and all and when I am trying to do the same in the way I had mentioned then I am not getting original layer break as it is an interleaved cell, so what are my options now??? Is there anything I can do about the same???

See I have just added a 'Show Interleaved Cells' option in the settings and this will help you in positioning the LB to the place you are willing to through the GUI, just check out the below copy of 'The Abyss' (Special Edition - Disc 1) and see if it is helping you or not.