Thread: Unable to find Audacity USB audio Codec on a Macbook

Unable to find Audacity USB audio Codec on a Macbook

I am running the latest version of Snow Leopard i.e. 10.6.5 on my Macbook. Anyways now I have rebuilt the system permission and also uninstalled the software. Now the issue is that I cannot find the Yahama codec running in my system.

I already looked in the Audio Midi program where I didn’t find anything, and then later on also I checked out in system profiler and also in the system preferences. I can only see the line in and built in for the sound input but no USB codec available. What should I do, please help.

Re: Unable to find Audacity USB audio Codec on a Macbook

May I know in details which Yamaha device you are try to connect to your macbook. Let me tell you that you could probably pluggin a USB audio device and then power it on, once you do so the system should be sufficient enough to be able to recogonize it and also to show up in the system

Preferences > sound > input.

For your kind information let me tell you that once you plugin USB sound device, the system will possibly be able to automatically mount it. and if its not visible then surely it will not mount.
    It should be able to be visible in
    • Apple
    • System Preferences
    • Hardware
    • Sound
    • Input

Maybe there’s an exotic piece of equipment that that would not be recognized by OS-X. there could be also a possibility that your USB connections are worn out.

Hey even am unable to get some of the devices in my system. But I am not exactly searching out for a Yamaha device, its actually a USB microphone. And also would say that its shown nowhere in the location, neither in the system Prefs nor in the Audio Midi.

Let me tell you that I am using a Macbook with 2 Mhz intel core Duo with 10.6.5 running onto it, and other than this I have installed audacity 1.3.12. Now what according to me is the issue is that if the computer can’t see the USB then definitely the audacity won’t be able to see it. And that’s exactly what the issue is. The MXL indicates the plug and play but I am not getting it through. As I hope everyone know that MXL is the Studio 1 USB Desktop Recording kit. There is no Yamaha involvement. As it is I have already done the search for Yamaha on my system and however the search result came up empty.

Hey I got this message when checked from the log in the system profiler:

• [0x455af00] The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device
    • Doug-debolts-macbook kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 57442D575848304135393032333633 0x1058 0x704 0x175
    • Doug-debolts-macbook kernel[0]: disk1s3: I/O error.

Also there was a message displayed along saying that “Too bad MXL's”. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means?

Also there was a message displayed along saying that “Too bad MXL's”. Can anyone tell me what exactly it means?
    In a simple language now its time for you to return it and then purchase for another brand, I am sure that your USB and MXL is not working well together on Mac. Do you hear anything when you plug headphone into the jack on the microphone. If yes then surely its time for you to call up the MXR technical support and get it either repaired or replaced.