Thread: Nero Burning ROM 11 Installation aborted with error message

Nero Burning ROM 11 Installation aborted with error message

I have been trying to install Nero Burning ROM 11 on my Windows XP SP3 PC but no matter how I try to install or what I do, the installation get aborted and I am getting some sort of error message: "Microsoft VC Redist 2008 SP1 (x86) installation appears to have failed. Nero Burning Rom installation will now close."

How can I solve this?

Re: Nero Burning ROM 11 Installation aborted with error message

It seems to me that you have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). As far as I know that this package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries which are really necessary for the applications developed with Visual C++ to run on a computer in which you have no installed the MS Visual C++ 2008. Also make sure that you have disabled the antivirus while you were installing the Nero Burning ROM 11.

The installation of Nero Multimedia Suite 10 does have some problems when the normal setup file is running. This is due to appear in the existing system components such as. NET Framework. The problem is currently found only in Windows XP, the procedure in the first part of the tips would be possible under Windows Vista and Windows 7. Start: - First, empty the Temp directory via the following route running: % temp% - [OK] -> menu “Edit "->" Select all "- >menu" File "->" Delete ". Then perform the setup file from Nero 11. The program extracts the files to the Temp directory.

In my case when the same problem occurred, I did a restore but I think the situation was already compromised by the old version. Looking deeper into the problem seems to be taken of the information concerning the registration of the file extension from the registry. Many of the newer Nero-CDs are actually "personalized", so just work with the burner purchased.