Thread: Nero 11 Trial version has left something on my PC

Nero 11 Trial version has left something on my PC

Beforehand I have installed the Nero Burner 11 Trial version. Now I have got a complete version. For that reason I have un-installed the trial version and deleted everything that is related to this. But even after removing all entries of trial versions, the full version won’t install at all. it seems to me that there is still something left behind. Any suggestion?

Re: Nero 11 Trial version has left something on my PC

I have heard that there is a Nero Clean Tool or something like that which will help you to completely get rid of all the entries regarding the previous version. Once installed, you need to follow the instructions on the download page and then install Nero 11 (or what you have).

Yes the Nero offers a program that deletes all records that Nero saved on your computer. This program is Nero CleanTool.
    • The first thing you have to do is to uninstall any version of Nero you have installed on your computer.
    • Then download Nero CleanTool
    • When installing Nero CleanTool search the folder where you had installed Nero
    • CleanTool run Nero and select 'Clear All'. This action will clean your computer by removing all records that Nero has left
    • Now you can install Nero without any problem.

Nero is one of the most popular programs for recording CDs and DVDs. You can record music, create DVDs with menus and effects. Almost everyone knows it. Your version is for evaluation and to test the program for 30 days. After 30 days, the program asks for a serial number and without it, you can still use Nero. But sometimes we cannot prove Nero during those 30 days. We can install Nero perfectly, but when run it asks the serial number. The main reason is that we had previously installed Nero on your computer. As this program stops registering on our computer, reinstall it, these records are not deleted and Nero thinks that you've used the program for 30 days. So, in principle, if we had a previously installed version of Nero, we cannot test new versions.

We must verify at this point if they were temporary files that compromise the installation. It could also be a problem of integrity of the installation package of black and therefore should be replaced. Or is it also possible that you do not have the administrative Privilege folders in which you install black. If you own the operating system Windows Vista or 7, you could try running the setup program as Administrator, right-clicking on the executable and click "run as administrator".

I think that you have missed the Registry entries here. It might have remained in Windows Registry. If you do know how to deal with Windows Registry, you may find it and delete the entries from the Nero but you have to do it on your own risk whilst taking back up of all data.

Nero, one of the most widespread recording suites and complete, now offers the expected version 7. The most notable difference is the inclusion of nearly two dozen utilities in one package, most notably Nero Home, a complete admin / media player. I suggest you do is you run a tool called NeroCleaner, this package does is to erase absolutely all entries and traces of Nero. Once it's over, you can install your Nero without any problem. Furthermore make sure that you have installed the .Net Framework 3.0.

If you have installed the Nero 11 total package, then you noticed that Nero consumed some amount of disk space. For Nero 11, you need at least 5 GB free space to complete the installation and this space includes for temporary files, content as well as templates. Before you start the actual installation, setup creates a new folder named Nero InstallFilesPath under Users \ Your User Account Name \ AppData \ Local \ Temp and afterward gets the setup files to that folder. The size of this Nero Install Files folder ~ 1.9 GB! Due to some unknown reasons, Nero 11 setup does not automatically erase this temporary directory, even after finishing the installation.