Thread: unable to find the installed Lame of ACC Lib

unable to find the installed Lame of ACC Lib

I am a complete new user of audacity due to which I am facing lots of problem with the installation. I can find anything about the Mac Audacity 1.3.11 installer for the lame lib or the new aac compression item. I guess they however get self installed to some foreign location which is unfounded by me, maybe it’s a failed attempt.

Just wanted to ask why exactly it is not setup as a simple unpackage which could be probably stored at the user defined location. Other than this everything seems to be well and pretty stable to me to drop into iTunes and carry on the further activities.

Re: unable to find the installed Lame of ACC Lib

You could probably download "Lame_Library_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_OSX.dmg" from web. Once you download the .dmg should be automatically be able to mount a disk image, then on the disk image is a .pkg installer, once you run the installer the LAME in /usr/local/lib/audacity/ will get install. And this is where the audacity is expected to find it.
    You can download "Lame_Library_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_OSX.dmg" from LAME

You could probably download "Lame_Library_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_OSX.dmg" from web. Once you download the .dmg should be automatically be able to mount a disk image, then on the disk image is a .pkg installer, once you run the installer the LAME in /usr/local/lib/audacity/ will get install. And this is where the audacity is expected to find it.
    Once you download the Lame if you really want to get that folder, what you can do is get into the finder over there:
    • Click on Go
    • Go to Folder
    • Then enter the path "/usr/local/lib/audacity"
    • Then in Audacity click on Audacity
    • Preferences
    • Libraries section
    • In the "MP3 Export Library" pane click "Locate..."

After doing so the audacity should however be able to automatically find the Lame in the expected location.

For the FFmpeg libraries, first you need to download "FFmpeg (2008/12/13/OSX DMG)", you could probably get both "Lame_Library_v3.98.2_for_Audacity_on_OSX.dmg" and "FFmpeg (2008/12/13/OSX DMG)" from the same Lame download page but anyways I would provide you the link for the FFmpeg libraries. Once you download it you need to follow the same procedure as mentioned above, the FFmpeg installer will put the files in the same location.

The issue is that I couldn’t find the folder; it says that “the folder cannot be found”. Once I download both the file they are unable to locate in the given location. Before downloading the Lame file which you suggested I had an old v3.97 lame file, but just because to follow your instructions I removed the older one. I used /usr/local/lib/audacity/libavformat.52.dylib path for the other files but that didn’t work. Also did a search from the finder but no result. With the same path when I use the Go folder, I get no such expected result.

I guess the issue is with the OS 10.6.2.

I guess the issue is with the OS 10.6.2.
    Even I doubt the same thing; the issue is definitely with the 10.6.2 version OS. But I still didn’t get your point, are you not being able to find the folder using the “Finder” or “Audacity”.
    I am not sure with the cause, but then too I would suggest you to run the lame installer once again. but now this time when you reach the "Select a Destination" click on "Choose Folder..." and then put the library in the same folder where you have the audacity present. For your kind information let me tell you that audacity only knows where it is located but its always unaware and also doesn’t care about the library location.

Having the same issue with the 10.6 version, actually the thing is that the Audacity > LameLib always worked smoothly when it comes to making mp3 of my recordings but I never seen the ability of Audacity to get load in my system compared to others. What I do is always put it in my application folder and also Lamelib along with it. But anyhow I am unable to get it to Go in the Applications folder.

And now when I try to located Lamelib folder in there it works, but when I ask the audacity about the location it shows all the folders but it is grayed out.

I was suggested with the below solution, which I still believe that is correct one and the most appreciated one till now for this issue:
    • Open Audacity
    • Preferences
    • Click the File Formats tab
    • At the bottom of the Preferences window you can see "MP3 Export Setup"
    • Click the button labeled "Find Library"
    • Then click the "Yes" button in the pop up window

But in my case these steps landed me to a window which was filled up with many grey-out files with a single folder which was named as “audacity”. And guess what inside that audacity folder there the libmp3lame.dylib was present. But the above steps could somehow help other user having the issue.

It’s the most common and the known problem that the Snow Leopard is having, everyone knows that it does not support Audacity 1.2. Even I have one which is unable to open completely.

I personally feels that the issue is due to the upgrade which we perform. When you upgrade to snow leopard and then try to upgrade to Audacity 1.3.12 the issue occurs. Both the 10.6 and Audacity 1.3.12 fresh and clean installation went on smoothly. Its is also possible that the permission has changed between the version. Try to,
    • Try Go
    • Utilities
    • Disk Utilities
    • System Disk
    • Repair Permissions