Thread: Lightscribe stop working because of the "Enable SPTI for all users" option

Lightscribe stop working because of the "Enable SPTI for all users" option

In my computer I have Lightscribe drive and I am using windows Xp operating system. I am facing problem while installing imgburn with "Enable SPTI for all users" option enabled. My Lightscribe software working when I install imgburn with the "Enable SPTI for all users" option. How to solve this problem?

Re: Lightscribe stop working because of the "Enable SPTI for all users" option

According to me this problem occurs due to Incompatible Windows Security Setting for drive and if you want to solve this problem then you need to set 0value for CDRoms key and 1 value for the Autorun registry key. After doing this your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Yes I will also suggest you same solution. By changing the values from for your CD/DVD rom registry key and Autorun registry key you can solve this problem. similar problem occurred with me also and then I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

Quote Originally Posted by -Deven- View Post
    According to me this problem occurs due to Incompatible Windows Security Setting for drive and if you want to solve this problem then you need to set 0value for CDRoms key and 1 value for the Autorun registry key. After doing this your problem will get solved. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.
    Thank you for the solution but I don’t know how to change the values for your CD/DVD rom registry key and Autorun registry key. Please let me know exact steps to change the registry key.

You have to first open start menu and then you have to click on Run. After clicking on Run you have to type regedit. After that you have to locate this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    Now right click on the allocatecdroms and then select modify. After doing that you have to set value to 0.

After that you have to locate this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom
    Now right click on Autorun and then you have to select modify and then change the value 1. After doing that you have to restart the computer and then your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

In my computer I am also facing same problem with the Lightscribe sofwtare and I have first thought problem might be with the registry key and I have tried to solve this problem by changing the values in registry keys but after that also problem does not get solved. What should I do to solve this problem?

I will suggest you to uninstall Lightscribe software from your computer and the you have to run Ccleaner . now after that you have to install Lightscribe software again and then your problem will get solved. try this trick and then let me know what the result is.