Thread: Windows 7: Better alternative to ImgBurn for backup

Windows 7: Better alternative to ImgBurn for backup

Hello friends, I want to know that if it is possible to take backup with ImgBurn and can I keep that password protected or if there is some other good alternative for ImgBurn to take the backup? If anyone of you over here have any suggestion then please post that over here. I will be thankful for all the replies.

re: Windows 7: Better alternative to ImgBurn for backup

The best thing that I can tell you s to take the backup and then make use lof WinRar to keep that protected with the password. Other than this, the power ISO or Magic ISO are good programs to use. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

CDBurnerXP is a good alternative for ImgBurn. There is conventional arrangement of tools: the top one explorer for source files, and the CD's / DVD downstairs. Features offer nothing special but the essential is there: CD / DVD data burning and creating ISO image, creating audio CDs from WAV, MP3, WMA or CD MP3. In addition, the software offers a module for extracting Audio CD formats in the same recovery with ID3v2 tags from Freedb. The main disc formats are supported except for dual-layer DVDs, which are nevertheless included in a future release.

I am using the InfraRecorder for doing such things and I can say that it is best. InfraRecorder is free software for burning CDs and DVDs distributed for free under the GPL. InfraRecorder offers all the classic features you would expect from burning software, while maintaining ease of use and high quality of the final addition to a remarkable lightness and speed. InfraRecorder is ideal for those who have burning software to burn and not only demands a lot of additional features that slow and cumbersome enormously program. Among the main features of InfraRecorder can remember: creation of hard copies, creating audio projects, data or mixed-data.

Nero Burning ROM is my all time favorite. Nero Burning ROM brings the familiar burning capabilities with the very clear surface as a practical single package on the PC. Without additional and unnecessary options can be found in the software for a reliable helper for burning and copying CDs and DVDs. There are minus points but for the somewhat cumbersome and lengthy installation.
    Benefits
    • simple surface
    • reliable firing results
    • knows many formats

Disadvantages
    • lengthy and cumbersome installation

Power ISO is also one of the good alternatives to try. You must give it a try and I am sure that this will help you do the things that you wish to do.

UltraISO is one of the best programs of its class (if not the best), which allows you to very easily create ISO image disks also strongly protected and mount them on programs like Daemon Tools virtual devices. This supports most popular formats: ISO, BIN (CDRWin), MDS (Alcohol), CCD (CloneCD), NRG (Nero), allowing you to convert images from one format to another, or many other formats, with BWI, CDI, Audio and many others. Among other things is one of the few programs that allows you to convert images from Macintosh format in the recordable images from Windows.

I have started using BurnAware and happy with that. BurnAware allows you to burn data discs, video or music (AudioCD or MP3) to a CD, DVD or Blue-Ray. Also, you can burn ISO images to disc or create an image from a CD / DVD itself.

Pros
    • Easy and comfortable
    • Compatible with CD, DVD and Blu-Ray
    • MP3 music discs or any device
    • Burn ISOs and created from another disk

You might not have heard of DeepBurner as this is not so popular but I have used that and I can say that this is one of the best burning softwares. The software is of immediate use to anyone who has used any burning program. For the less experienced, it will be enough 'answer the initial question of what type of CD / DVD recording and the type of session. There are two windows open: one represents the contents of your hard drive, the other contents of the cd / dvd burning.

BurnAware is good but one thing that I do not liked about this is that it shows the contents of the ISO images and if this can be avoided then it will be the best software.