Thread: Getting error while opening sound device in audacity

Getting error while opening sound device in audacity

I have downloaded audacity 1.3 and installed in my computer. I have windows 7 operating system in my computer. After installing audacity in my computer it has started giving me problem. Now whenever I try to open sound device at that time I get error. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting error while opening sound device in audacity

I have read the problem which you are facing while opening sound device in audacity. You have not mentioned in your question that which device you have connected with your computer. Post details about the device which you have connected so that I can give you proper solution according to that.

I have connected Logitech USB microphone with computer. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling audacity from my computer and then installing it again. But after reinstalling audacity also I get same problem. Please let me know the solution to fix this problem.

You have to open audacity in your computer and after opening the audacity in your computer you have to go to the edit option and then you have to select presences. After that you have to click on the devices tab and after clicking on the devices tab. After that check whether there is all the setting are proper or not.

If above solution does not help you then you should close audacity in your computer and then you have to go to the system mixer and after that you have to check whether the device which you have to connected is enabled or not? Many times this problem occurs if device is disabled.

I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know how to enable the device from system mixer then you have to first open start menu and then select control panel. After clicking on the control panel you have to select hardware and sound option and after clicking on that you have to select sound option. Now click on the recoding tab and after clicking on the recording tab you have to right click in your device and select enable.

If you device is not listed there then you have to right click thee and then “check show disabled device” and “show disconnected device” after that your device will appear and then enabled it after trying this solution your problem get solved.

Hi friends I am using MAC OS in my system and I am facing similar problem with Audacity. Reinstalling the Audacity in my system does not make any difference. I have also checked all the setting in the audacity properties and all the settings were proper there. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

All you need to do is to open Audio MIDI Setup by going gin to the Applications and then utilities. Now after that you have to select audio device tab you have to select the connected device as your default device and then your problem will get solved.

Yes same thing occurred with me also. First I thought problem is with audacity and then I have come to know that I have set my device as default. Now after doing that my problem gets solved. Now I am not facing any problem. I think you should also try this solution.