Thread: Nero 11 Platinum failed to install due to VC++ redist error

Nero 11 Platinum failed to install due to VC++ redist error

I am a regular user and fan of Nero; I am using nero since version 4. Not just this I also always updated my version to latest one. Now I bought an upgrade from nero 10 to nero 11 Platinum. I am somehow trying to get it installed but its giving me a VC++ redist error due to which the installation is failed.

I already tried out all the possible solution that could have been imagined by me. But nothing worked till now. Every time I call up the support center they come up with new things and request me to try out some new suggestion by them. I am hoping that I could find someone here who could possibly give me some solution.

Re: Nero 11 Platinum failed to install due to VC++ redist error

Hey that seems to be a kind of my issue. I am right now facing the same kind of issue. The first thing I did after I faced this issue was contacted the care center.

They first suggested me to remove all VC++ redist 2005, 2008 and 2010 installs which were collected in the previous year. And then once I was done with the remove thing I was suggested to reinstall all of them through Microsoft download site. As per their suggestion believing that the issue could be fixed I did exactly as they said but then too after doing so many thing my nero installs kept on crashing.

I suddenly called them up again, and this time they came up with some newer suggestion in fact I must say that they came up with some newer install file i.e. NERO_Platinum-HD-11.0.15202.exe, but as usual even that didn’t work.

Quite shocking to hear that you were asked to install the redistributables from Microsoft as a download, I would never suggest you that. I think it would be more preferable leaving that work on nero, I mean nero software could probably install them.

I would have suggested you to uninstall them and then run the msi.exe file. One more thing I would like to tell you is that they are corrupt Recode update and they has to remove it from the download files. Also make sure to run the installation as the administrator.

I think the nero tech support keeps on suggestion their customers with different solution even if all those customers are facing the same issue. When I had the issue the suggestion given to me (of course after all the above suggestion were failed) was to abort the install just after all files were unpacked and then from the directory %temp%nero-installfiles I was suppose to run the direct NERO-11 install file nero.mmsplatinum.msi. so that I could probably avoid the drained installation of VC++ redist, which I already did from the clean MD download site.

I doubt the other programs that are using the redistributables but I didn’t have any of them until I got nero. If I would have faced this issue I must have uninstall them again before doing the reinstall
    Anyways if possible just download the given bat files:

product list
    windows installer

One is the product list file and another one is windows installer. Better you remove the .txt from both the file names and run them. Hopefully it will help you out in some way.

One is the product list file and another one is windows installer. Better you remove the .txt from both the file names and run them. Hopefully it will help you out in some way.
    That would definitely help you out. Once your remove the .txt from the file names, do as specified below:
    • Search for your registry for kwikmedia
    • If found delete all entries including keys
    • again Search for your registry for high-definition
    • Delete all entries related to Nero.
    • Uninstall the redistributables
    • run the windows disk cleanup utility and reboot
    • Disable anti-virus, also its security features
    • run the downloaded .exe by right clicking on it
    • "Run as administrator"

When I did have a nero 11 platinum installation I had some 8 different VC++ redistributables that were showed up in the control center. Then I uninstalled lot of them and also then reinstalled the clean copies of 2005, 2008 and 20010 versions of the VC++ redistributables from the download site of Microsoft.

Now one problem is that I have both nero 10 and nero 11 installed in my system so I have to somehow keep nero 10 installed unitl nero 11 doesn’t create any issue and runs fine. But then this however makes the procedure of searching and removing in the registry very much difficult.

Now one problem is that I have both nero 10 and nero 11 installed in my system so I have to somehow keep nero 10 installed unitl nero 11 doesn’t create any issue and runs fine. But then this however makes the procedure of searching and removing in the registry very much difficult.
    If you really wanted to keep v10 installed in your system then better you don’t go for any of the above suggestion.

In case if in future whenever you will face any kind of issue then better you uninstall v10 with a clean removal. If you simply uninstall it then for sure some of the files are going to stay in the registry itself. It already happened with me, once I committed the same mistake. I simply uninstalled v10 believing that everything related to v10 is flushed off, but I was wrong. As I said some files were still there in the registry, then I was forced to get into the registry and clean the v10 related files thoroughly.

So better I would suggest you to get “REVO Uninstaller PRO”, it’s a software that is used to remove the windows software.