Thread: Not able to download AVCHD video files from Sony HX100 camera in to Nero 11.

Not able to download AVCHD video files from Sony HX100 camera in to Nero 11.

I have recently updated to Nero 11 and my system is running on Windows 7 and I am having Adobe Flash 32 bit installed on the same, I am having a Sony HX100 digital camera as well which captures AVCHD videos, so when I am trying to "Import from AVCHD camera" I am able to get Video Editing windows but then nothing happens and when I click on Import and then select "Import from AVCHD camera" then the window gets freeze and I get an message saying "Nero Video stopped working" is there anything I can do about the same???

Re: Not able to download AVCHD video files from Sony HX100 camera in to Nero 11.

I have recently updated to Nero 11 and my system is running on Windows 7 and I am having Adobe Flash 32 bit installed on the same, I am having a Sony HX100 digital camera as well which captures AVCHD videos, so when I am trying to "Import from AVCHD camera" I am able to get Video Editing windows but then nothing happens and when I click on Import and then select "Import from AVCHD camera" then the window gets freeze and I get an message saying "Nero Video stopped working" is there anything I can do about the same???
    As far as I am aware some of the Sony cameras require using the software that is included in order to capture videos, if you want then you can check out the manual and find out the same. I also wanted to add that have you tried doing the same on some other machine just to check if the window is getting freezes there as well or there is some issue in your pc only. If not then try out the same and then post back the result that you get.

Re: Not able to download AVCHD video files from Sony HX100 camera in to Nero 11.

I am aware of the Sony PMB software that was included and I have used the same as well and I am not having any issues with it but then I thought that the Nero 11 will be better and that’s the reason I was trying it out. I have tried doing the same on other computer but then I have got the same response so I think that there is nothing wrong with my system specifically, is there anything that I can try out to get it working with nero???

If you want to try out some workaround then just select Import > Import AVCHD from hard disc and check if the issue is getting solved or not? Since you are having memory card in your case I think that you should use Import AVCHD from drive instead of Camera. For this you will have to connect the memory card to your camera with the connection requirement. If it is possible for you to try that out then try it and then let me know the response that you get, if it does not help then you will have to continue using Sony Video software.

Hey thanks for the same, I have tried inserting the memory card in a card reader and then selecting Import AVCHD from Drive option but then I have got the same response, it seems that there is some compatibility issue anyways I am not willing to try out any more solution for the same and I will better stay with the Sony Video software it’s not that bad but then I anyone finds an effective solution for the same then please post it here, it will be highly appreciated. On the other hand I have also contacted the tech support regarding the same and I am waiting for their reply, I will post what they have to say about this issue.