Thread: Must add Platinum features manually when installed trial download of Nero 11 Platinum

Must add Platinum features manually when installed trial download of Nero 11 Platinum

I want to install Nero 11 platinum but also wanted to avoid the updates getting stored. Already my Nero 10 stored about 10GB of updates and now I wanted to somehow avoid getting those updates or atleast put them off of the software. So I decided to start from the trial download but then as there is no Platinum trial the added features are unable to get installed also there were not added while updating.

Therefore I was forced to work individually and install from disc and then so on. Suggestion regarding this will really be appreciated.

Re: Must add Platinum features manually when installed trial download of Nero 11 Platinum

After you install the trial version it is very much normal for such numerous number of updates after the installation. The first update With your platinum serial number should have been a creative collection pack 1 and also number of Kwik Media updates, updates for practically all the other of the application.

I doubt your disc, I don’t think there could be anything in your disc that would probably more up to date than those that are shown in the control center.

Re: Must add Platinum features manually when installed trial download of Nero 11 Platinum

Instead of setup files on the retail disc I guess you can do both downloading & installation of the trial version. This is actually quite true, in fact in my case by entering my serial number I can get the full version installed completely instead of the limited trial. If you compare both the standard trial download and the Nero 11 Platinum disc you can probably see that the Nero 11 Platinum disc has included more content than that of the trial download.

I guess in that content pack 3 menu template packs & 4 movie theme packs was not installed. This somehow makes bit of sense as it was a trial download version. But in most of the forums I read that more stuffs could be included once we update the Nero 11, but it wasn’t doing so.

The fact is that whenever you go on to install the nero v11, it will still install most of the things that are already installed previously in your system.
    Something is very much messed up once if you have to add all the themes and templates that are the actual part of the creative collection pack 1form the disc. As soon as the installation was completed this should have definitely came up.

I am seriously never interested in doing any kind of installation; I am not an installation procedure fan. Once after I do the installation I always feel bored to do that huge number of updates on my other hard drive. I have a system which is running vista.

I somehow installed it in my second hard drive which is quite new, I bought it recently but I am still having problem with the updates, I tried a lot to get the updates after v11 installation. Now I guess I will have to contact the tech support in order to get some positive response.

On my win7 machine I could probably do the same installation with successfully updates without any issue, I can also update v10.

I could probably help you out, there are installation files that are available for download in order to install the complete platinum suite both at once and also for the separate additional parts of the platinum content. If you need the link then better you consult the support people through chat.

Support Chat