Thread: No video after converting MKVs to DVDs using Nero Video 11

No video after converting MKVs to DVDs using Nero Video 11

I have been using Nero 10 and I have recently upgraded to Nero Video 11 and the problem that I am facing now is that when I am converting a film in MKVs to DVDs then I am not getting video when I run the dvd but then I am able to heat the audio, the screen just stays blank, I had converted a no of files from MKVs to DVD format but had never faced this issue with Nero 10, I don’t know what is wrong with Nero Video 11, is there anyone else who has noticed the same and has an idea about it???

Re: No video after converting MKVs to DVDs using Nero Video 11

I have been using Nero 10 and I have recently upgraded to Nero Video 11 and the problem that I am facing now is that when I am converting a film in MKVs to DVDs then I am not getting video when I run the dvd but then I am able to heat the audio, the screen just stays blank, I had converted a no of files from MKVs to DVD format but had never faced this issue with Nero 10, I don’t know what is wrong with Nero Video 11, is there anyone else who has noticed the same and has an idea about it???
    I just wanted to know the specification of your system and let me know the solutions that you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be a waste of time, just provide me with the required details for further help.

My system specification is as followed:
    • Windows 7
    • Intel i7
    • 8GB of RAM
    • Nvidia Geforce video card

By now I have tried reinstalling Nero and also downloading the updated codecs but then they have not made any difference, other than this I have found that the size of the output files is appearing to be consistent with just audio, I mean that it is appearing to be 500 to 600 mb rather than 6 gb and so, what do you think might be the possible cause for this???

You seems to have tried out some possible solution that should have helped and there does not seems to be any hardware issue as well, anyways I just want you to provide me the log entry, so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

I have attached the log entry below, just check out the same and see if you could help me out. I have checked out the log and I was not able to find out anything as such to be suspicious, any further help for the same will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have gone through the log entry and I have found this:
    Version: 7.0.8.1, File Version: 8.0.6.1, Interface Version: 4.11.0.1 [03:24:08] ExpressUI [Editing] Media info from old detector: video duration = -1, audio duration = 2400000000 [03:24:08] ExpressUI [Editing] Media info from old detector: video duration = -1
    Here the video duration is set to -1, other than this I don’t know why it is using version 7.0.8.1 and File Version 8.0.6.1, I don’t think that it is done in that way in v 11, you should better contact the tech support and address the issue with this file and see what they have to say about the same.

I think that i can help you out here, actually I was having the same issue and was running out of ideas but then later I was able to solve it out by encoding the MKV with only a "Fast Encoding (1-pass)" setting, you can just check out the below image for further details.

The problem here is that only the stereo encoding works fine and not the audio "AC-3 5.1", but then I am looking forward to find out a solution for the same, anyways till then you can try out what I have suggested and see if it is helping you out or not, if you have any further issues with it then just let me know.