Thread: Need to install only limited programs from Nero 11 suite

Need to install only limited programs from Nero 11 suite

I have a retailer version of Nero 11 which is to be installed in my windows 7 professional SP1 system. But the thing is that I only wanted certain limited programs from Nero 11 that has be install in my system and rest all should be deleted. But whenever I insert the Nero 11 CD for the installation it directly give me a pop up of the list of all the programs that Nero wanted to load in my system and when I denies the request it automatically get exit. The pop up comes at the very beginning of the installation. Someone help me out.

Re: Need to install only limited programs from Nero 11 suite

I have the same criteria for the Nero 11 installation. Below is the list of programs that is needed to me:
    • Burning ROM
    • Nero Express
    • CoverDesigner
    • SoundTrax
    • WaveEditor programs

I don’t even have any idea about the other things in Nero suite, is there anyone who can give me some idea about how can just get these limited programs into my system.

Can I know in detail which files or programs you don’t want to load in your system? I am sure you are talking about those important programs without whom nero cant be run.

For your kind information let me tell you that nero uses all the files that are necessary for it during the installation, so therefore you can’t think of restricting those files. That’s the reason it just asks you for the permission of loading those files and do not give you the option select only the limited ones. So better you go ahead with the installation without thinking too about it. If you don’t load the unwanted files I guess some things in Nero won’t work properly.

I don’t want to fill up my clean system by loading those unwanted files. When I googled the programs that Nero wants to load into my system, they were:
    • 5 different Microsoft VC
    • 5 different Direct3D 9 Extension programs
    • Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0
    • Backup Drivers x64 (is this for Windows 7 or Nero's BackItUp which I am not installing?)
    • Reboot Validator

Is there anyone who can let me know what exactly these files means, trust me I don’t even know anything about them then why should I load them. When checked none of them showed up in my windows 7 update, not even as an optional, then why this nero 11 wants to install them.

Is there anyone who can let me know what exactly these files means, trust me I don’t even know anything about them then why should I load them. When checked none of them showed up in my windows 7 update, not even as an optional, then why this nero 11 wants to install them.
    I am very much curious to know why exactly you don’t want a Nero video, people die to get the whole Nero suite and you want to eliminate those important features. For your knowledge let me tell you that you cant burn video in a Burning ROM unless and until it has been authored by Nero video. What so every files you have listed above are important and has to be loaded. Not sure but I guess its better for you to go for buying just Nero modules, from which most of them or some of them wont be needed.

For R&D purpose I downloaded the trial version of Burning ROM just to check out what additional software are required for it to install. And what came to my notice was that it need almost 50% files that Nero 11 suite needs; Microsoft VC Redist programs, and all the Direct 3D 9 Extension programs, and the Reboot Validator and does not need the Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 or the Backup Drivers.

Surely there must be other windows 7 64 bit users who are having the same issue. Can anyone amongst them let me know that whether these non required files are uninstall able if the Nero is uninstalled, and also wanted to ask whether the backup drivers x64 take longer time to get installed.

Although my main criteria was only CD/DVD burning software and Nero Express then too I went for Nero11 suite. Reason was quite simple, when checked in the market I found that the price of Nero11 suite was less than the Nero Burning ROM 11 which I felt was quite profitable. But I was unaware of the fact that I will have to load the whole suite in order to use only the two required feature. I have been messing around with the things but still didn’t come up with a proper solution.

Surely there must be other windows 7 64 bit users who are having the same issue. Can anyone amongst them let me know that whether these non required files are uninstall able if the Nero is uninstalled, and also wanted to ask whether the backup drivers x64 take longer time to get installed.
    Answering your first question let me tell you that they are shown in the Programs and Features, they are actually not uninstalled when you uninstall Nero 11 but you can however uninstall them when you need.

And for the 2nd doubt, the Backup Drivers x64 actually do not take a huge amount of time but yes they do take a longer time to get install, they take some 5 to 10 minutes. Hope you understand what 5 to 10 minutes means when you are installing it in a PC. I must say that this is a very long time now in today’s time.