Thread: No CD ROM drive error when started Info Tool in Nero 7

No CD ROM drive error when started Info Tool in Nero 7

I own a customized system which is running windows 7 64bit OS in it. I have installed Nero 7 software in it, let me tell you that with both ROM and Vision Express I can smoothly burn DVDs and also both DVD writers can easily be selected with these two programs.

But the issue lies in Info Tool, there is an error messaged displayed saying that “No CD-ROM drives found” whenever I try to start the Info tool. Due to this the tool won’t display the drive tab. anyone who can help me out.

Re: No CD ROM drive error when started Info Tool in Nero 7

The first thing I would tell you is that you must know that the Nero version 7 is actually not compatible with windows 7. For windows 7 compatibility you would probably need a 9.4.26 or later version.
    If you try to run Nero 7 or any other non-compatible version then ultimately you are bound to find some other error which will probably make only something work and whereas some things won’t work.

I am also having the same issue with my Nero 7 installed in my windows 7 system. No just I am getting the same error message but also tool is unable to display the Drive tab which is very much necessary, at least for me. if you all are aware, this drive tab actually shows all the features that are supported; features like DVD+R, DVD-RW, drive specs, firmware info, etc.

I already tried downloading Nero 11 Info Tool as suggested by my uncle, but that didn’t help me. Actually the thing is that when my uncle faced the exact similar issue he removed the Nero 7 info tool and then downloaded the Nero 11 info tool which somehow did worked for him, but unfortunately not in my case. Better you try it out, who know you might be one of those lucky ones this time.

Is your Device USB connected? If yes then let me tell you that according to me I guess Windows 7 doesn't display devices which are USB connected.

Maybe due to this reason the Nero version 7 or the Info Tool is unable to see it. Just go online and check for all the information related to Nero ver7 compatibility with windows 7.

I already tried downloading Nero 11 Info Tool as suggested by my uncle, but that didn’t help me. Actually the thing is that when my uncle faced the exact similar issue he removed the Nero 7 info tool and then downloaded the Nero 11 info tool which somehow did worked for him. But unfortunately not in my case. Better you try it out, who know you might be one of those lucky ones this time.
    Hey I am very much happy to be here. You know I was having this issue from past 1 month and I didn’t get the solution for this issue till today but now after I went through this thread and when I read you post I was feeling to however try out your suggestion. So just for sake I downloaded ver10 and ver11 info tool and guess what? Both the Nero ver11 and ver10 info tool were easily able to recognize my devices.

Yeah even I do agree with you, the above solution should definitely work out, but still if you are facing any issue then you can do one thing:
    • Go to infotool.exe file
    • Right click on it
    • Choose “run as administrator”
    It should work. I was able to run the .exe as administrator in both Vista and Win 7. For your kind information I have both vista and windows 7 installed and also both are 64 bit version. The .exe file is able to run as administrator.

I had Nero 7 installed in my windows 7 system. Before I installed Nero 11 info tool the first thing I did was complete removal of Nero 7 and then installed Nero11 info tool. Nero 11 info tool shows almost all the characteristics same as Nero 7 info tool including that issue. It displays “No CD-ROM drives found”.

Actually Nero11 info tool is easily able to run just because the properties in the infoTool.exe in the nero 11 directory shows version 8.0.1.100 which is exactly the same as what is displayed in the About box after the program comes up, I guess the developer did not revised the version number.

I did disabling the anti-virus previously at the time of installation
    I also did a full virus scan in order to make sure that there was nothing in my system.

There could be most probably the following two possibility:
    let me tell you that instead of legacy IDE mode I am currently running the DVD writers in AHCI mode know I am not the one, there might be many other people who doing this, that the reason I am worried to enter into the BIOS and changing it.

I have a PCI IDE card with two IDE hard drives in addition to my main SATA hard drive. Again, even here there might be few users who are having the legacy IDE drives installed through a PCI card.