Thread: How to setup automatic ccleaner in Task Scheduler

How to setup automatic ccleaner in Task Scheduler

I wanted to use the Task Scheduler to run CCleaner automatically everyday at 4:00am. I already know how do we run the Task Scheduler but I dont know how to add or scheduled automatic task to CCleaner.exe. So can anyone tell me how do I do this? Also after doing this will I be able to run CCleaner manually no matter whenever I want? Thanks for any information.

Re: How to setup automatic ccleaner in Task Scheduler

You can find ccleaner.exe with various method. Check to see a shortcut on your desktop or start menu and then right click on it and go to Properties. After that you will be able to see the full path including the executable or else you can also do a search for ccleaner.exe file. When you install it to its default location then you can easily find it in the C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe. And to execute it in the task scheduler use the below command:

C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe /auto

Re: How to setup automatic ccleaner in Task Scheduler

First of all open a Task Scheduler and then go to Action menu and then choose to create a task. Now, in the new task diaload, checkmark the box to run the task with the highest priviledges. Go to Triggers Tab and then new and then set for daily and time. Go to Actions Tab and then new and then Enter the path for CCleaner like this - "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe". Then go to Arguments box and type /Auto. You can leave Conditions and Settings tab as default. Now right click and save as zip file and then extract the xml and import it.

Follow the below steps for the setup:

1. First of all open up Task Scheduler
    2. After that click on Action, and then click on Create Task
    3. Now go under General tab, Check Run with highest privileges, Type in Name: CCleaner AUTO,
    4. Simply Type in Description: CCleaner AUTO, Click OK
    5. You need to go under Actions tab, Click New, Under Program/Script, Type in: "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe"(be sure to include the quotation marks)
    6. After that in Add arguments (optional), Type in /AUTO (be sure to include the slash), Click OK
    7. Now try to click Triggers tab, New, Check Daily, Change Time to 5:00 a.m. (or whatever time you prefer), Click OK
    8. Conditions, Settings, and History tabs should be left as default