Thread: how to wipe Alternate Data Streams & Cluster Tips in CCleaner

how to wipe Alternate Data Streams & Cluster Tips in CCleaner

can anyone here tell what exactly this Wipe Alternate Data Streams & Cluster Tips do I have been looking about this everywhere but not able to find anything on this . is there anyone here know what exactly does this do , I will appreciated any help

re: how to wipe Alternate Data Streams & Cluster Tips in CCleaner

As far as I known the cluster tip is the unused space in a cluster Like if there is a file which is written on the 7.1 cluster so there will be 0.9 cluster tip on the old or the zero data. And the Alternate Data Streams I myself don’t know much about that either,

So that mean it will be safe to wipe those cluster tips , did you gain anything with wiping the cluster tip can you enlighten this I will be glad to know

Well it has been save for me because all my sensitive files are encrypted. I contain very little data on the cluster tips that are impotent, that why I didn’t gain that much and for the Alternate Data Streams, I am worried regarding security breaches.

The Cluster tips might be contain certain a few of the sensitive information

Alternate Data Streams can be also used to do the gain access to your computer system like mentioned by the above poster

I have read the article that have mention that for removing the does Alternate Data Streams which are attached to the directory , you have to delete the directory. But that could cause the big issue in case the Alternate Data Streams is attached the root of the HDD , as it is impossible to remove the Alternate Data Streams because of this until you will reformat the drive . this is the only way to get rid of the unwanted information in the Alternate Data Streams file. So that means that removing the Alternate Data Streams attached to the that associated to a root of a HDD, will lead to some serious trouble

This is ridiculous if that is the case then why did this feature is included in the CCleaner, as this don’t seems to be safe, I think the Alternate Data Streams is not the bad deal if you can able to select the thing that you need to delete . I have used the Alternate Data Stream spy and that worked perfectly ok . all I need to do is choose what should I delete

I guess you are getom Tom ing the wrong idea about all this Alternate Data Stream stuff , I guess what is said is you will not able to delete the Alternate Data Stream which is connected to the root directory without the formatom Tom ing HHD . Ccleaner’s Alternate Data Stream looks as if quite safe .