Thread: Does CCleaner Driver wiper wipe operating system driver?

Does CCleaner Driver wiper wipe operating system driver?

hi

can anyone here assist me on this . I need to know that does the CCleaner Drive Wiper remove the whole of the drive along with the operating system drive of Windows 7. So that I am able to begin all from the scratch here . I have already used the other driver and that is not wiping OS driver . does anyone know anything about this , I really would appreciate some help in this matter

thanks in advance

re: Does CCleaner Driver wiper wipe operating system driver?

I never tried the CCleaner Drive wiper so I suppose I will have to test it on my virtual machine . I am currently taking the backup of mt virtual machine and will let you know the finding later

I have read the documentation for this feature and it said

the whole Drive will be removed and the files on the drive. caution, this well remove the whole drive
    The fact that this is the new feature and the working of this feature is not yet fully understood. Now the thing is that you can erase the driver when the windows is running , may be it can do a -system non-CC partition or drive. Fi you have the full confidence on yourself that you can reinstalled the drivers from the scratch then you should try this and see if it wipe Windows 7 driver

Well this utility is do not remove the whole thing on the entire boot drive, as it is the drive which is running the operating system. Although it will remove the whole thing that will be on the partitioned drive(s), flash drives, slave drives, and external drives. I want to recommend you that there is a tool that make the a boot disk that can wipe the whole drive securely. It will be really nice is that kind of utility will include in the CCleaner itself

Hey I have a query can anyone here can say that does the in the non-system drive the whole file get removed so that you have to do the format to bring back the drive back to life and also on the system file which file is deleted, or left. Will the whole thing on the Docs and Settings for all user profiles erased ?

Answer is simple if you select Erase non-sys drive. It will be reformate the drive and after that overwrite the whole drive. As a result the whole thing will be moved out and unrecoverable however the drive will be formatted. And you are not able to select the erase drive to the system drive however if you choose Free Space only, this will not remove the whole file only overwrite the free space. That is the same feature that Wipe Free Space has . hope this help

This is really a scary feature added on the CCleaner I guess when it suppose to be a 'safe' cleaner application , so not this will be like the CCleaner will wiping their entire drive and make us loose our data

It is almost impossible that someone will accidentally erase a drive using the new tool. The fact that the a warning prompt will be seen while that option get selected . Ans you need to first type the word erase and then press enter for it to be working , so there so no question of erasure occurs