Thread: Need help on removing extraneous applications on CCleaner menus

Need help on removing extraneous applications on CCleaner menus

hi guys I need help on this issue , on the application tap of the ccleaner there are few older application that I already uninstalled from my system us still showing on it . like for example the there are still Office 97, XP, 2003, 2007 as selectable entries however I already removed the application form my computer . is there any way to remove those application from the clean-up my apps listings. Please guys I really need to find answer to this

thanks

Re: Need help on removing extraneous applications on CCleaner menus

I have the similar issue with ccleaner I unistalled Google Chrome from my computer a long time ago however I can see that application is listed over to the left below the Cleaner button in the Applications Tab with all it's related check boxes. The application is no longer on my computer yet CCleaner still detect it as still present there. How do I remove of it so that it doesn't show in the menu? Is there anyone here knows what might be the problem here and why it that application is still visible on this application

There might be possibility that the application that you have removed may still have its entry in the registry , See if this help go to the registry on over there find HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\and remove it form the registry , and fro the chrome delete HKCU\Software\Chromium

And if you have any other application there get the winapp.ini. this will probably may help you in what you are looking for

The fact that this application works on the detect and remove technique. It is searching for in order to see if a user has chrome and the office installed . all that soft ware , though you removed it, left over something. That stuff is one or more of the things listed in the list. In your case the problem is most likely it is still detecting the software

For another software that you don't encompass however displayed on ccleaner you will require to run the winapp.ini. command and locate the application in the resulting file. Or list the other software’s I'll locate the detect file and/or reg key.

If it's any assistance , I had the similar problem a while ago , and it was cured by deleting the one registry key:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Chromium"

All you need to do is to
    • Go to the start
    • Run
    • Type regedit
    • Press Enter (ok)

Just go to the above entry then click it and choose delete that what works for me

Yeah that is the way but you need to take care when you dealing with the registry and I suggest you always take the backup before you do anything wild with it . and for totally removing the application I suggest you should take help of some external application like Revo Uninstaller type of
    Hope this help

I have the similar issue with my cccleaner , I have some old application that is ghosting , is this the same way to remove those application as well is there any one here can help me on this I will be really glad

If you need to find rules and their detect keys just
    1. Go to the start
    2. Run
    3. Type “C:\program files\ccleaner\ccleaner.exe" /export

Remember the quote is important and if the ccleaner is installed on the other drive just replace the drive name ( C:\) to the drive name where you installed it , after that you just open "winapp.ini" and search for the application which are ghosting you to see detect or a detectfile ans in this wayyou will be able to know what need to be deleted