Thread: ‘Unable to read boot sector’ error message while recover data from memory card using Recuva

‘Unable to read boot sector’ error message while recover data from memory card using Recuva

right now I am having 16 GB Transcent SD card which I was using on my camera. I have taken some of the pictures and got an error message on the same. I connected the card with the computer by using card reader I got an error message which was saying ‘you need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it’ when I used Recuva I got ‘unable to read boot sector’ error message. Any help to resolve the matter would be appreciated.

Re: ‘Unable to read boot sector’ error message while recover data from memory card using Recuva

Looking at the situation I recommend you should use Active@ Boot Disk and burn a bootable disc by using the same. boot your computer by using that particular disk and you have to run Active@ KillDisk from file menu and after that scan you SD card. in case you have managed to get any files on SD card then you will need to use Active@ File Recovery option in order to recover all the files.

Re: ‘Unable to read boot sector’ error message while recover data from memory card using Recuva

Do you have tried PhotoRec? Its great Open Source recovery utility. In this particular software you will not have point and click user interface. However it is having structured dialogue which will help you how to proceed further.

I was suffering from the same problem which you have stated over here. I have downloaded Maxell utility which is called as Mode Converter. By using the same I have managed to recover partition to normal state. It has been stated then it would not format the drive of yours. after doing Recuva recovered all the drive.