Thread: How to restore back-up registry as recommended by CCleaner

How to restore back-up registry as recommended by CCleaner

I have just installed the CCleaner and wanted to clean the registry but then it says to backup copy of the registry first and it is strongly recommending to do so, so here I just wanted to know how to restore back-up registry, is there anyone who can help me out with it??? any help regrading this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to restore back-up registry as recommended by CCleaner

In that case just find out the file below find and once you get it just right click on the same and then click on merge:
    File will be names as cc_00000000.reg and it will be having a unique number as well.
    I also wanted to add it will be just backing up what you might have removed and not the whole registry, Hope that helps.

Thanks for that but then I have found the file and when I am trying to merge the same then I am getting an error message saying the below thing:
    Cannot import C:\Users\Tish\Documents\cc_...........reg. Error accessing the registry.
    I have never faced the same error before so I don’t have any idea about the same, is there anything that I can do about it???

I think that you might have messed up with the registry before and that’s why you are getting that error message anyways for now you can try out the below two solutions and one should help you out:
    • First try to do the same in the safemode and see if it is helping
    • If that does not help then you can try out fixing the same doing System Restore, you can also try out doing System Restore in safemode if at all it does not help you in normal mode.

Just try out the same and then post back the result.

You can very well try out the above solutions but then before that you can try to run Regedit and import the entries manually and see if it is helping. Other than these also make sure that your antivirus is updated and the scans are coming out clean. Just check out the solution that has been mentioned here and then let us know what you get for further help.