Thread: ‘Analysis failed’ error message when using Defraggler on 3TB hard drive

‘Analysis failed’ error message when using Defraggler on 3TB hard drive

Right now I am WD external hard drive which are connected through USB port. The size of the hard drive 3TB. Whenever I am trying to defragment my hard drive it is prompting with an error message ‘Analysis failed’. If you are having any useful comment then feel free to comment over here.

Re: ‘Analysis failed’ error message when using Defraggler on 3TB hard drive

There is already issue is reported that Defraggler is having issue with higher size hard drive. I think the developer would work out on the same and provide the patch which you need to install on your computer.

Two major cause of this problem is low disk space and any background process which is interrupting Defragmentation. The first you need to see how much space is left in your drive. You can find that in My Computer. To delete unwanted files from your system. Run Disk Cleanup and wipe out all outdated files. You can also try using CCleaner. This is the fastest way to clean the system. The second thing you have to do is checkout the background services. You can download a third party program for the same. Through which you can terminate many background stuff and improve your system output.

The problem can be also due to corrupt data. This is one of the most common issue why disk defragmentation fails. You will need to wipe out those corrupt data from your system inorder to resolve the problem. Before running defragmentation the best thing you can do is go ahead with running checkdisk. This tool will scan your system for any bad sector or corrupt file and fix the same. You have to launch cmd in admin mode and then in that you will need to pass a command chkdsk and hit enter. Checkdisk will analysis your hard drive status and will give you details on it.