Thread: WinZip 12 not configured properly

WinZip 12 not configured properly

I feel this rather odd, my WinZip is not able to bulk unzip to folder. For some reason that option went missing for the list, I can’t find it whenever I right click the zip file and I cant find anyways to bring that option back . is there anyways to reset the configuration . I have selected the boxes however its look as if the WinZip is not recognizing the bottom half of configuration items . is there anyone here can help me with this issue I will be really appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: WinZip 12 not configured properly

I am too having the similar issue with my WinZip and I not sure , which version of WinZip is it but somehow it start acting weird , look like an virus attack to me but I am not sure about it, can anyone here seen this issue , can we solve it. I am really fed up with this application is there any other alternative to this .

Well that is strange I never came accorss this issue on my pc . can you tell me which operating system are you both using and does this issue is new or is stared recently. Look like a virus to me as well, don’t you have the antivirus is it showing some kind of virus alert

I use the jZip, the new Free File Compressor 1.3 Creates, open and extract Zip files, TAR, GZip and 7-Zip. Open and extract ISO files and RAR. jZip is totally free, whether for personal or professional. jZip is a compression software intuitive and fast. jZip is based on the famous technology 7-Zip

I will suggest 7-Zip software it is open-source distribution to compress and decompress files. It is an alternative to WinZip as well as WinRar. One of the advantages of 7-Zip is that it is just 995kb in size. It supports the following formats:
    1. 7z
    2. ZIP
    3. GZIP
    4. BZIP2
    5. ART

The software is available for Windows, Mac OS and several Linux distributions.

I heard the HaoZip is the best alternative. It can decompress and compress different types of files in a simple, single right click and selecting the required option. Among its features that stand out from other similar programs, has the option to customize the interface by selecting different decorative skins.

You can also add notes to files, so that we know in advance that is stored in them or have a password; HaoZip has a support of more than 50 formats and can repair and analyze other files for error checking. here is the link for download

Well I use IZarc and this application , supports common file formats like zip, rar, 7z, cab, tar, gzip and 48 other formats. Also other feature of IZarc are that it supports disk image files, like other compressors do not support.

features of IZarc are:

1. File Conversion
    2. Converting images from CD's
    3. Transfer from multiple floppy discs or other removable media
    4. Create Multi-Volume Set
    5. Fusion Multi-Volume Set
    6. Self-extracting archives creation (SFX)
    7. UnSFX (Conversion. EXE self-extracting archives to common)
    8. Repair damaged files
    9. Encoder / Decoder UU / XX / MIME
    10. File encryption using Rijndael encryption - AES (256-bit)
    11. Decryption of files. Ize
    12. Support for images from CD / DVD (ISO, BIN, MDF, NRG, IMG, C2D, PDI, CDI)
    13. Integration with context menu in Windows Explorer
    14. Automatic installation of most software distributed in compressed files
    15. Integration with antivirus

ThumbsUp 5 best alternative for winzip

Well I found 5 alternative for winzip hope this help

1. 7Zip Two things are obvious just try 7Zip it is faster than WinRAR, unzip most standard formats and open 7Z, RAR is as good as (and even better in some situations).
    2. PeaZip , another open source project, is faster than WinRAR when using multiple processor cores. It supports over 100 formats, including PAQ are excellent.
    3. IZArc is a well designed and decompressor supports numerous formats, one futures which beats 7zip. Its interface same as of WinRAR and WinZIP , so that migration is easier.
    4. jZip has interface similar to WinZIP and WinRAR. jZip is a very nice and supports many formats. An good alternative to 7Zip.
    5. TUGZip can repair corrupt ZIP files and protect files with six different encryption algorithms.