Thread: PowerPoint 2010 freezes while inserting audio file in Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4239

PowerPoint 2010 freezes while inserting audio file in Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4239

I am using Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4239 laptop and I have windows 7 operating system installed in my laptop and I have recently upgrade MS office from 2007 to 2010. I am facing problem with the MS power point in my laptop. Whenever I try to insert audio file in PowerPoint at that time I crashes. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: PowerPoint 2010 freezes while inserting audio file in Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4239

I have read your problem and I would like to ask you that are you facing this problem while inserting any particular audio file or you are facing this problem while adding any audio file? If problem occurs with any particular file then there might be problem that file otherwise problem is with the PowerPoint only.

Re: PowerPoint 2010 freezes while inserting audio file in Lenovo ThinkPad T520 4239

I have searched on the internet regarding this problem and I have come to know that windows defender causes this problem. If you want to fix this problem then you have to you have to stop windows defender service in your laptop and then see whether same problem is occurring or not?

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

If you don’t know about how to stop windows defender service in your laptop then you have to follow these steps.

First you have to go to type services.msc in the start menu search box and after you have to press enter. Now after doing that you have to click on the look for the windows defender service from and then you have to right click on the windows defender service. After that you have to stop that service and then close the window. Now open MS PowerPoint again and then check whether you are getting same problem or not?

As far as I know your problem will get solved after trying this solution.

Yes I totally agree with the above solution as I was also having same problem with the MS PowerPoint in my laptop and after that I have stopped windows defender service and after doing my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution and then check whether it helps you to fix this problem or not?

I normally use to make presentations in MS PowerPoint and I always convert audio file in WMA format and after that insert in the PowerPoint and it does not give me any problem. If you are using any different audio format then I will suggest you to covert that audio file in WMA format and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not?

I hope this information will be helpful for you.

I have tried to insert audio file in WMA format but after that also I get same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by stopping the windows defender service and then inserting the audio file but after that also I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

As you have said that you having same problem after trying above steps and that is why I would like to tell you that you should repair the MS office 2010 programs and after repairing the MS office 2010 program your problem might get solved.

To repair MS office programs you have to follow this step.

• Go to the control panel.
    • Click on the uninstall programs.
    • After that you have to click on MS office 2010
    • Click on change and then select repair option.

I hope after repairing the MS office your problem will get fixed.