Thread: Can I remove Barnes & Noble DRM theoretically?

Can I remove Barnes & Noble DRM theoretically?

I don’t wanted to remove DRM intentionally from the device of mine. I have found that you will not be able to remove the DRM on any of Nookbooks. It would be better that I should start to purchase the eBooks from the one of the many sources of the ePub books. It supposed to use the more common Adept DRM. I like both B&N as well as Nooks. I really don’t wanted to change the bookstores. Hence tell me whether any theoretical way to remove Barnes and Noble’s DRM.

Re: Can I remove Barnes & Noble DRM theoretically?

After going through the post I wanted to tell you that you will be able remove the DRM theoretically as well as Practically.

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. Well I have recently tried to load the Nookbook into the Adobe Digital Editions and it did not accept the same. I was wondering that Adobe would support both the Adept and B&N DRM but I was really disappointed after knowing that I will need to maintain two separate libraries. I really liked Barnes and Noble but I am getting frustrated due to DRM problem.

I wanted to share something interesting to you. nookbooks are having ADE 1.8 preview edition support. You should visit the official website of Adobe. You can use the same with ADE 1.7.2 simultaneously without having any issue.

B&N DRM encrypting the eBook by making use of the hash and hash supposed to be the credit card number which you have used at the time of purchasing of the book. B&N never check into the central server that you are having rights to ebook that you are having. Nook is having a hash to decrypt the credit card number so that it can decrypt the book.

The above mentioned thing can be done by following manner.
    • You will get some kind of software which will generate the hash after entering the credit card number.
    • After that you have to use that hash in order to decrypt the book.
    • You can get hash generating software from the third part website.