Thread: Details of Data Recovery Engineering Software

Details of Data Recovery Engineering Software

I had lost some data from my hard drive, so I used data recovery software to recover them and it was successful. But I have a doubt; the files I recovered are they in good health. If not, then they might corrupt my system. My friend suggested me to use Data Recovery Engineering Software. But before I go for it, I wanted to know some details about it.

Re: Details of Data Recovery Engineering Software

The main purpose of this software is to test quality of file after recovery. This software compares the header of the file against the database of the file details to find out the difference and point out the condition of file. One can also change the details of database manually if needed. One can also create a skip list for the files that don’t need checking as user might be confident of their condition. The files are diagnosed at speed of 10,000 files per minute provided ample resources are available.

The software also has a common header database. If the software detects any file that seems corrupt or the extension of file is not registered in database of software. It checks extension and format of other files that were recovered along with it. If still the format of file is not discovered than it matches its content with files with similar content to decide its content.

This software also provides ‘network messaging’ service. If a file testing task is in progress on one of the computer in a network and if no one is present on the spot to view the details then the system message can be routed to other systems.
    It generates various kinds of error. The default notifications are,
    • Header OK - Indicates that the file headers match and the file is good.
    • Header Corrupt - Indicates that the file headers do not match and the file is probably corrupt.
    • Unknown File - No entry for this file extension in the database.
    • Zero Bytes - File has no data.
    • File too small to test - File is less than 512 bytes - the minimum that can be read by FLT
    • Access Error - FLT could not open the file for testing or copying.
    • Encrypted File - File is encrypted and cannot be tested.
    • No Extension - The file has no extension and cannot be tested.
    • Bad Filename - The filename contains invalid characters
    • Common File Header - File does not match as OK, but matches a common file type.

The software also provides service to transfer the database of file details on multiple computers in a network. The settings created for the software on one system can be transferred to other systems on network. This helps maintain synchronization of systems in a network. The software also provides zipping functionality for compression of multiple files. It does separate confidential testing for files with confidential status.