Thread: ACID Pro like software for MAC OS X

ACID Pro like software for MAC OS X

On Windows I am familiar with the ACID Pro. I have been using this software for loop-based music creation. It also offers drum machine and keyboard. With the help of this software you can easily create or mix music. Right now I have got a new Mac PC. Is there any software similar to ACID Pro for Mac OS X?

Re: ACID Pro like software for MAC OS X

I do not know "track down very specific" is, but I can tell you one thing: whatever makes Acid, you can do with other programs.

Ableton Live 5 is perhaps the program that comes closest. But, thanks to Apple Loops, even GarageBand (or any other program that supports them - like Logic Pro or Logic Express) can do many things that were once the prerogative of Acid.

The software engineer who invented Acid and Acid loops, was recently hired by Apple and the result is Soundtrack Pro.
    Other than this MuTools MuLab 4 is also a music software for Mac OS X and Windows that allows you to turn a computer into a virtual studio. This software is great to create, record and edit music.

Without doubt Cocko's Reaper is our choice. This is a multitrack DAW, able to work with both audio tracks (64 bit) and MIDI tracks, MIDI mapping of any device that supports it, from a controller, a MIDI keyboard, a PAD to a joystick. As I mentioned, virtually any MIDI device is going to serve. Of course, as you can imagine, also has support for plug-ins in both VST, VSTi, DX, DXi, AU and format (only for Mac OSX). This trial version is fully functional for private use, if we use it to use more professional, we can obtain a license from $ 40 to $ 150 professional version (all versions are the same, only different prices depending on the use to which is oriented).