Thread: "The requested operation requires elevation" error while opening OpenOffice documents

"The requested operation requires elevation" error while opening OpenOffice documents

Hello

When I am trying to open Openoffice documents from library then I am getting an error message that says:”The requested operation requires elevation” and I am not able to access my files to work on OpenOffice. I have started facing this issue after updating to Openoffice 3.3. Can anyone suggest me how to solve this problem. Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: "The requested operation requires elevation" error while opening OpenOffice documents

I have got the same issue on my pc which is running on Windows 7 Home Premium on my older Thinkpad Laptop. But after running the program in administrator mode the problem got resolved for me. If you dont have administrator rights on your pc then you are suppose to get this error. So only after having all the admin rights you can install this software.

Re: "The requested operation requires elevation" error while opening OpenOffice documents

Yes, it seems to me that you have dont have enough access in your computer then you will be getting this issue. Sometimes, even if you have logged into administrator mode you might get this error message. So to solve this issue simply right click on the Openoffice application and after that select run as administrator option. Once you follow this method, then OpenOffice will be easily installed in your pc.

As a temporary solution, hold down the shift and right on OpenOffice and then select Run as administrator. If the documents come from somewhere else like from some other users documents on their own Windows 7 machine then you might not have permission to open them. So, try to right click on the same document and then go to Properties and then you will be able to adjust the permissions.

If all the above solution are not working then I would like to suggest you to disable the User Account Control [UAC] in your operating system and after try to install the software in admin mode. To disable UAC first click on Start and then click on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the user account and after that uncheck the User Account Control (UAC) option and then save the settings. Now try to install OpenOffice in admin mode.