Thread: Openoffice open file in Read Only

Openoffice open file in Read Only

Hello everyone I have setup home network with two windows XP but when I tried to access OOo files from OOo on another machine I get the file status as read only but when I open this file on windows explorer I am able to edit. I think there something issue with my network sharing or something else. Can anyone suggest me how to solve this issue and so that I can access file with full rights.

Re: Openoffice open file in Read Only

Hello I am also facing this same issue and I am not able to excel file and all other file accessed with full rights in Openoffice. I have recently downloaded the Openoffice 3.3 on windows 7 laptop and files are transforming from windows XP and ms office. The Excel files are saved as Excel workbooks but no read-only enabled. Can anyone suggest on this issue...

Re: Openoffice open file in Read Only

Ok first of all make sure you have enabled the file to full access and if you not enabled the full access then you will get this issue and so I would like to suggest you to go through the below steps and then let me know: make right click on the document and then select the properties. Now on the properties go to the general tab and here make sure you have not ticked read only and then go to the security tab. Now on the security tab make sure you have proper setting and then let me know the issue.