Thread: During import iPhoto 9.2 crashes

During import iPhoto 9.2 crashes

Hello guys am using MacBook Pro and I have iPhoto 9.2 installed in my MacBook Pro. It was working properly and suddenly started giving me problem. now while importing the photos from memory card iPhoto 9.2 crashes. Is there any other way to solve this problem.

Re: During import iPhoto 9.2 crashes

You have mentioned that iPhoto crashes while importing photo from memory card and that is why you should first check you are facing problem while importing photos from any other location also or not. You should also check whether same problem occurs when you import photos from any other memory card? If you get same problem then it means there might be something wrong with the iPhoto software otherwise something else is causing this problem.

I would first tell you to try to solve this problem by rebuilding launch service in macbook pro? Many times rebuilding launch service will help you to fix this type of problem. After rebuilding launch service you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not.

If you don’t know about how to rebuild launch service in your Macbook pro then I will help with this. You have to first open terminal by going in to the applications and then clicking on the utilities and after doing that you have to copy and paste this
    /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Frameworks/ LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
    Now after that terminal will prompt for return to the screen which will be followed by blinking cursor. After that you have to close terminal and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not?

Well after referring your solution I have tried to solve this problem by rebuilding launch service in my macbook pro and after doing that also I was experiencing the same problem. I am facing this problem even when I try to import photos from different location also. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Have you tried to solve this problem by repairing the disk permission in your macbook pro? If you have not tried then you should try to solve this problem by repairing the disk permission and after repairing disk permission you have to check whether you are experiencing same problem with the iPhoto software or not?

I think after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

In my computer I have MAC OS X Lion and I have installed iPhoto 9.2. I am also having same problem and I have repaired disk permission and also tried to solve this problem by rebuilding the launch service nut none of the solution helped me to solve this problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

If anyone have solution for this then let me know.

I was also experiencing same problem with iPhoto and I have come to know that by updating the perian can fix this problem and after that I have downloaded latest version of perian from its official site and then installed in my Macbook pro and then my problem get solved. You should also try this solution and then my problem gets solved.