Thread: How to install fonts in Openoffice 3.3

How to install fonts in Openoffice 3.3

In my computer I was using Openoffice 2.1 and now I have installed Openoffice 3.3 in my computer. Now I want to install fonts in Openoffice 3.3 but I don’t know how to install fonts. If anyone have any idea regarding this then let me know.

Re: How to install fonts in Openoffice 3.3

Well as far as I know you need to first add fonts to your operating system and then when you open Openoffice in your computer at that time those fonts will be available there. Let me know which operating system you have installed in your computer so that I can help you according to that.

Thank you for giving me reply. In my computer I am using windows 7 operating system and as you have said that I have to add fonts in operating system and it will be available in the Openoffice but I don’t know how to add fonts in the windows 7. Please tell me exact procedure to install fonts in the window 7.don’t know how to add fonts in the windows 7. Please tell me exact procedure to install fonts in the window 7.

Installing fonts in windows 7 is very easy. You have to first open control panel in your computer and after opening the control panel on your computer you have to select Appearance and Personalization. Now you have to click on fonts. Select File option and then you have to click on the install new fonts. Now after that locate the folder where you have saved Font files and then click on install. After doing that it will get installed in your OS. Now these fonts will be available to use in different application in your computer. If you need more help then let me know.

You can also add the fonts by simply copying the font files in the fonts folder. You have to open my computer>C drive> windows> fonts. I normally use to add fonts in this way. You can also try this solution. I hope it will be helpful for you.

Hello friends i am using Openoffice in Ubuntu 9.04 and I want to know what I should do to install fonts in my computer. I am trying to install Microsoft Windows fonts (TTF files) but I don’t know exact way of installing that. If anyone have idea regarding that then please help me.

To add Microsoft fonts in your system you have to follow these steps.

• You have to go to the applications.
    • After that select Accessories and then click on terminal
    • After opening terminal you have to enter this

sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
    I hope after trying this your problem will get solved.