Thread: How to remove welcome wizard and Registration in openoffice

How to remove welcome wizard and Registration in openoffice

In my computer I am using Openoffice 2.1 in my computer and it is very nice office suite. I would like to know that what should I do to remove welcome wizard which ask for registration for Openoffice? If any knows about this then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove welcome wizard and Registration in openoffice

It is very simple to re move that wizard. All you need to do is complete that wizard for one time only and after doing that it will not appear again. I think you should try this solution and after that you have to see whether your problem gets solved or not?

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you have to try this solution and then your problem might get solved. You should open start menu and then you have to type "c:\program files\openoffice.org 2.1\program\soffice.exe" -nofirststartwizard in the start menu serach box if you are using windows 7 or vista and type that command run if you are using windows XP and after that you have to press enter key and then your problem will get solved.

Try this solution and after trying that let me know whether it helps you to solve this problem or not.

Yes “nofirststartwizard ” is the command line which you have to type ahead the path of the Openoffice. I was also having similar problem with the Openoffice and then I have try to start the Openoffice with this command line and then my problem get solved.

Hello friends I am using Openoffice 3.2 and I have tried above solution but after trying that also I am not able to disabled the wizard. I have tried to search the solution internet but I didn’t get any help. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

As you have said that you are not able to disable wizard and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first download DisableFirstStartWzd.oxt extension from internet and then you have to reinstall Openoffice and then you have to type “unopkg add --shared DisableFirstStartWzd_ooo32.oxt” at the command line(this command will install extension) and then hit enter. after that your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know from where to download DisableFirstStartWzd_ooo32.oxt extension then I will help you with that. You can download it from the official site of the Openoffice or you can download it by clicking on the DOWNLOAD. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.