Thread: iTunes 10.5 taking ages for backup and freezing

iTunes 10.5 taking ages for backup and freezing

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I have installed iTunes 10.5. When I connect my ipod touch 4g with my computer and start taking backup from iTunes at time it freezes. This problem has started suddenly and if anyone have solution regarding this then please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: iTunes 10.5 taking ages for backup and freezing

I have read your problem and first I will suggest you to try basic solution and check whether it helps you to fix this or not. You have to right click on the ITunes and then you have to click on run as administrator option and after clicking on that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not?

Many times with the help of this simple solution also problem gets solved.

Well according to me you should try to solve this problem by doing winsock reset in your computer and after doing winsock reset in your computer your problem will get solved. I am telling you this because I was also having similar issue and after that I have done winsock reset and then my problem gets solved. You should also try this solution and then let me know what the result is.

To reset the winsock in your computer you have to follow these steps. First you have to open start menu in your computer and then you have to write command prompt in your start menu search box and then you have to press enter key. Now after that you have to type netsh winsock reset and then press enter key. Now after doing that you have to restart your computer and after restarting the PC if you see any notification regarding remapping LSP then you have to click on no. after doing that start iTunes and then see what the result is.

I have tried to solve this problem by starting the iTunes as administrator but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting winsock but after doing hat also I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

To solve this problem you have to follow these steps and then your problem will get solved.

• First download Autoruns for Windows.
    • After that you have to extract the contents to from the Autoruns for Windows.zip file.
    • After that you have to open autorun and then you have to click on Winsock Providers tab.
    • Now you have to now check for the update for the items which is from apple.
    • It will resolve the conflicts.

If you want to download Autoruns for Windows then you have to click here AUTORUNS FOR WINDOWS. Now after downloading that you have to extract the content and then run it in your computer and then your problem will get solved.