Thread: WSUS Offline files not downloaded

WSUS Offline files not downloaded

I have two WSUS servers - both Server 2003 R2 running WSUS. The first one is connected to the Internet and works without problems. The second is in a secure area with no Internet connection. The only obvious difference between the two, apart from the Internet connection, is that the offline server has its files on a seperate drive (W:\WSUS) and with the online one they are on the local drive (C:\WSUS).

I have copied all of the files from the WSUSContent directory and copied them to the equivalent directory on the offline machine - being careful not to copy the WSUScontent directory itself having read the warnings on this and other sites about permissions. I performed an export from the online server and import on the offline and all patches are shown but are marked as "File not yet downloaded" Fie details can be checked and files are in the correct place amd can be seen in the IIS directories. I have wiped the install and repeted the process with great care, but still cannot make any progress on this.

Any help would be VERY gratefully received!

Re: WSUS Offline files not downloaded

You can download the WSUS Offline files from here i think - http://download.wsusoffline.net/

Please use:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;885819

And setup another connection (via ADSL etc,) from the server to the internet for testing purpose. I guess that some ports/services was block.

Thanks for the reply but it's not the WSUSOffline that I am after - I am using the Microsoft WSUS program to install update on a number of local servers and this is telling me that the updates have not been downloaded even though I have copied them and run the wsutils import without error.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozle View Post
    Thanks for the reply but it's not the WSUSOffline that I am after - I am using the Microsoft WSUS program to install update on a number of local servers and this is telling me that the updates have not been downloaded even though I have copied them and run the wsutils import without error.
    Can you try to re-Register the Windows Update dll files
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuweb.dll
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wups2.dll
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wups.dll
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wucltui.dll
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuaueng1.dll
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32.exe c:\winnt\system32\wuapi.dll

Then restart the Automatic Updates service and see if that works.

Down Re: WSUS Offline files not downloaded

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but it has made no difference.

Can you try to configure the sites for Direct Access as mentioned in this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;896226

Thanks for your reply but it seems I have not made my problem clear. This WSUS server never downloads updates - it cannot as there is no internet connection available. All of the patches are downloaded on a seperate WSUS server which does have an internet connection and exported from there. These files and the metadata have then been moved to the server with the problem where they have been imported. The import log says they are there, they are listed, have the correct links in IIS - but against each one on the WSUS console it gives the "Not yet downloaded" message.

Run these following commands in a command line:

net stop wsusservice
    "%programfiles%\Update Services\tools\osql\osql.exe" -S Server\WSUS -E -b -n
    -Q "USE SUSDB update tbConfigurationC set BitsDownloadPriorityForeground=1"
    net start wsusservice

The server\wsus should be replaced with your server and named sql instance (mine was WSUS which is the default)