Thread: How to get adobe flash player for mac os x 10.5.8

How to get adobe flash player for mac os x 10.5.8

I have been searching to find the proper version of the flash player to install on my mac osx 10.5.8 using safari browser. I not be able to play video on youtube or facebook since I am missing the flash plug-in. This problem keeps coming up every now and then. Previously I was using the flash version 10.1 on mac which stopped working just recently and now I cannot install it again.

Re: How to get adobe flash player for mac os x 10.5.8

First of all you need to uninstall the flash player version from your MAC OS X properly and then delete all its leftover files as well. To do that you need to download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller from here - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...r_osx_10.4.dmg. After downloading it, double-click the uninstaller to open it and then run it and click Uninstall the remove the flash player from your mac os. After that go to adobe website and install the latest version.

Re: How to get adobe flash player for mac os x 10.5.8

You can also try to use the offline flash player installer by downloading it from here - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get...yer_11_osx.dmg. But note that you will need to uninstall all the previous version of flash player from your mac osx. After removing the old version only, the latest version will be installed properly in your machine.

The Mac OS X 10.5.8 seems to be the last version of the OS which can run both PowerPC and Intel Macs. Normally, the version of the flash that you want to use depends on which type of Mac is installed in your machine. But since OSX 10.5.8 is pretty old, you might not be able to use the most recent version of flash so it will be of no use installing it. You will have to check which version you will need and just install it from the automatic installer which wont be an issue.