Thread: Benefits and drawbacks of GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer

Benefits and drawbacks of GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer

I recently come to know about the GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer in my computer. I have never used this program and don’t know what it can do. I would like to know the benefits and drawbacks of some of the options present in this utility and they are
    • Speed up Response Time
    • No TCP Delay

I know that these options are very helpful for gaming. Is there anything more?

Re: Benefits and drawbacks of GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer

As far as I know that the LAN Optimizer also monitor entire Internet or network bandwidth, thus allowing the overall management intelligence as well as bandwidth optimization. The best tthing is you can manually set the network speed if preferred. Those options called "Speed up Response Time" and remove "TCP Delay” will help you to increase internet speed in certain instances. You will get to know about it only when you use them.

Actually I don't use those or any free bundled programs that offered with motherboards. It is not only about Gigabyte. Sometimes those bundled software don’t work well and often more issues rather than they fix. I have never used the GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer but I do hope that it will do some interesting things on your network or internet connections.

I don’t see any drawback with LAN Optimizer but there are several benefits
    • First of all it is Easy to Use: This tool is designed to offer you advanced network management in a simple and easy manner with the use of user friendly graphical interface.
    • Intelligent Network Environment: it offers analysis of network in an adaptive and users intelligent manner and can manage for all network traffic types. The Optimizer offers automatic prioritization of data streams.

There are several 'Mode' options available for GIGABYTE LAN Optimizer. Each 'Mode’ optimizes network processor on your motherboard. According to your online activity or personal preference LAN Optimizer changes into different mode. The different options 'Game Mode', 'Stream Mode', 'Browser Mode' and 'Auto modes'. LAN Optimizer set to 'Auto Mode' by default.