Thread: VMWare Fusion 4 is not releasing keyboard to host

VMWare Fusion 4 is not releasing keyboard to host

I have recently started running VMWare Fusion 4.02 and in my system and have updated it as well and the problem that I am facing is that when I am returning from the Boot Camp partition then I am getting a keyboard disconnected notification but then the keyboard works with the Guest OS which is Windows 7 in my case, I don’t have problem using it in the Boot Camp as well but then I don’t know what goes wrong with it after returning from the Boot Camp partition. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: VMWare Fusion 4 is not releasing keyboard to host

I have recently started running VMWare Fusion 4.02 and in my system and have updated it as well and the problem that I am facing is that when I am returning from the Boot Camp partition then I am getting a keyboard disconnected notification but then the keyboard works with the Guest OS which is Windows 7 in my case, I don’t have problem using it in the Boot Camp as well but then I don’t know what goes wrong with it after returning from the Boot Camp partition. Is there anyone who can help me out??
    I have been facing the same with the Fusion 4.02 and MacOS-GUI-based keyboard, I have been facing the same since a week and I am still looking after a solution for the same, I have tried messing up with the VMware settings by going in to the VMs menu but then it did not helped, actually the keyboard input goes in to the Windows and no matter what I try out in the Fusion's settings screen I am still having the same issue, is there anyone who can help me out as well??

You can count me in as well but then I have found a workaround for the same even though it is not a perfect solution but then you can try out the same till we find out a perfect solution for this. I have found that when we select Bluetooth on the Mac and after that when we select the "connect" option on the keyboard then the connection gets established, if you want then you can try out the same.

I have a better solution
    Just go in to the VM Settings and after that go in to the USB and Bluetooth option and then untick Share Bluetooth Devices with Windows and then the problem will be solved. I think that the other solution for the fixing the issue will be implementing the filtering of the Bluetooth devices so that the windows detect them as USB, actually the issue is with bootcamp VMs, I mean here the windows recognize the keyboard without any issues when it is running in the bootcamp but then after returning from the bootcamp the windows still thinks that it owns the keyboard and does not release it for mac.