Thread: Excel 2010 - drop down menus help

Excel 2010 - drop down menus help

Hi all..

I am trying to establish my first co-office business that will allow for new, young entrepreneurs a place to work and start their business. I have tried to work on excel as much as I can but am now stuck with a Formula and would be MUCH indebted with any assistance or advice.

Background:

I will be offering 5 styles of rooms (Small to Large) that can house 1-5 people respectively. (Column B23 - Column B33 provides a drop down list of Suite Types 1-5)
    I have another column (Columb C23-C33) that provides a drop down list to allow the selection of whether the rooms are Window Facing or Internal rooms. The rent for a Window Facing unit will be 30% more than Internal Units.
    I have listed down the Internal Rack Rate of rooms for Suite 1 to 5 in Column E11 to E15

HELP WITH: By inputing (through the drop down menus) the selection of (a) Suite Type (Colm B) and (b) Window/NonWindow (Colm C), I am hoping to be able to automate the Rent in Column E23-E33

I would be MUCH helped with any advice ...

*I use Excel 2010*

Thank you !

Re: Excel 2010 - drop down menus help

To create the Drop Downlist in Excel 2010, first add the list for the datasource. To create the list for the drop down ,enter the data in a single column cells

B4 – apple
    B5 – ball
    B6 – cat
    B7 – dog
    B8 – elephant

The list can be added from the Data tab -> Data Validation ribbon. Select the cell / column where the drop down list should be displayed and choose the datasource in the following window. Now the dropdown list should appear.