Thread: Getting error while installing VMware player 4.0.2 tool.

Getting error while installing VMware player 4.0.2 tool.

Hello friends, i am using the windows XP SP3 as the host computer and Windows 7 as guest computer. When I am trying to install the VMware player 4.0.2 then i am getting the error, "Could not find component on update server. Contact VMware Support or your system administrator", even try to update the VMware tools then also it has not worked for me. So please help me that what should i do. Thank you.

Re: Getting error while installing VMware player 4.0.2 tool.

I have founded some sort of problem with it. I think that there is something wrong with latest update of it. I have not install tool package to the director of vmware and package updater fails. I do not knowing what are the changes been done in VMware player. This should be worked and fixed.

I think that the problem will be solved and also it is been fixed, i have checked it that it is been solved and you can see with other releases of it. You can check that in below link and also you can get the update of the software about it, so you just visit it.

VMware player

Quote Originally Posted by Gania View Post
    I think that the problem will be solved and also it is been fixed, i have checked it that it is been solved and you can see with other releases of it. You can check that in below link and also you can get the update of the software about it, so you just visit it.

VMware player
    I did not get it about it, what is the reason that they are releasing the new version, which need to have the third party patch that it will work with the kernel 3.2, but the problem that it does not support for anything, this is very much strange for me and also i think this should not be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oJAsVI View Post
    I did not get it about it, what is the reason that they are releasing the new version, which need to have the third party patch that it will work with the kernel 3.2, but the problem that it does not support for anything, this is very much strange for me and also i think this should not be done with it.
    If you have gone through VMware documents has the list of the host operating system which are been supported in the release notes of their products. If you are trying to do install the product with the unsupported Operating System / kernel, so then you will have to install the product on your own and also you will not getting any help from the company. So you better check is you operating system / kernel is been supported by the product or not.

When i have checked the availability of the VMware tools, then founded that is not been available for any platform, it is seem that they are making it a completely useless version for the user. They should release the new version of it to avoid any problem. I was trying to have so that i can play some of the windows game through vmware, whereas it is been tough to work with the wine is been really hard. You might need to have the custom wine compilation and also lots of tweaking, even you have to work on it so that it start running, which takes lot of days to get it start. So i wanted to know that is there any method to start the tools working with 402, maybe a way to use 401's tools?

I would suggest that you should be with the VMware Player 4.0.1, you should be using it till the time the company is been coming up with the program or download for the user, once it is been arrived then you can use it. So when it will arrive then you can use the VMware Workstation 4.0.2 which contains VMware Player and also you can extract the VMware Tools ISO Images which is been available in the VMware Workstation installer or use the VMware Tools from VMware Player 4.0.1. You can decide and get what you need to have it and all these things are been there in the installer you need to search the Communities or Google on how to do the various workarounds.

I have already got the 4.0.2 in the host computer, the game which i like to have is a very big in size to download, due to which i do not want to go from scratch, even i was searching that How to go with installing tools of 401 then i was not able to get any information about it.

I have already got the 4.0.2 in the host computer, the game which i like to have is a very big in size to download, due to which i do not want to go from scratch, even i was searching that How to go with installing tools of 401 then i was not able to get any information about it.
    If you have alreday installed it then i would suggest that you better uninstall from the system, install it again on the system again, when you have done with installation then you better do the update of it which will be having no effect on your existing virtual machines, well the VMware is just like a a document/file to the host computers. Youi do not got the method for the installing tools of 401 then you go the link which one of the above user have shared.

I would also suggest that you better go to that link and when you have reached the location then you just run the .exe file on your host computer. When you will run the .exe file it will extract the iso image file and move it to iso image to the Player folder. Once that is been done then you can install the Tools as you used to do it earlier, by going to Player menu and clicking on Install VMware Tools, when you click it then it will mount the ISO image to the VM's CD-ROM drive, once it done in the host system, then in guest system you run the Tools installer.