Thread: Insufficient permission to access file while running Linux in VMware player 4.0.1

Insufficient permission to access file while running Linux in VMware player 4.0.1

In my system I have update VMware player and after updating the VMware player it has started giving me problem. now whenever I run Linux guests in my computer at that time I get so many errors related to permissions. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Insufficient permission to access file while running Linux in VMware player 4.0.1

I think something went wrong during the update process in your computer and that is why I would like to tell you that you should repair the VMware installation and after repairing the installation you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. I am telling you this because many times repairing the installation fixes problems.

Re: Insufficient permission to access file while running Linux in VMware player 4.0.1

If you want to repair VMware installation then you have to follow these steps. First you have to go to the folder where you have saved VMware installer and then you have to click double click on that. Now after that it will give you option for repair installation and then you have to select that and click on OK. Now after doing that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

After reading your solution I have repaired VMware installation and after repairing the VM ware installation also I was getting same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Any help will be appreciated.

You have mentioned that after repairing the installation also you are experiencing the same problem and that is why I would like to tell you that you should verify and reset permission for Vmware and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. If you need any more information then let me know.

To reset permission for Vmware in your computer you have to follow these steps.
    • You have to first remove .vmwarevm extension from virtual machine bundle to convert it in a folder.
    • If getinfo window is opened then you have to close that.
    • Now re-open getinfo window
    • You have to make sure that username is present under Sharing & Permissions.
    • Now you have to select Read & Write permission for user from the dropdown.
    • From the bottom of window you have to click on action menu.
    • Now click on apply.
    • After that you have to close getinfo window.